My old Super 5 GT Turbo, the little bastard.

Discussion in 'Other Projects' started by manugtt, Jun 17, 2020.

1. Well, some of you ask me for my previous Gt Turbo, so I decide to open a little thread.
    The little bastard and me were together 20 years, but every story have to finish, and after some time driving it a few times or none, I sold it to a good friend. At the moment, has been my prefer car, I know it like myself and maybe wasn´t the faster car that I had, but for sure the most funny. We went to many circuits in Spain, France and of course to Green Hell.
    It was naked, only 803kg. of weigh. No radio, no heater system, no spare tank...no something that wasn´t necessary to run. The engine had a 34mm. turbo, 4-1 manifold and straight pipe (it sound was like the trumpets of apocalypse), 270º camshaft, a good carburization, anyway, not much but enough to draw you a big smile. On chassis had Williams rear and front axles, Bilstein B14, Williams brakes, roll cage, Powerflex bushes, and a long etc...
    But I don´t wanna be bored, so better I show you some pics of it!

82385286_2472231322991816_2820729276410626048_o.jpg IMG_8018.jpeg IMG_8032.jpeg IMG_8038.jpeg IMG_4440 (1).jpg IMG_0436.JPG

Well, I hope you like it. The apparatus has taken it place, but I miss it a lot:cry:

Rensport225, Brigsy, Pootle and 6 others like this.
  2. nice, a mate has 4 of them 1 running one that he is building a fast track car and two projects :laughing:

You the short one :blush::blush:

manugtt likes this.
  3. Tex

Tex

Looks amazing! Very clean!

4. My friends group(the Oreille Racing Team), have 9 Gtt´s leaving mine, and only are 5 persons. And no, I´m not the short old man, but wouldn´t mind to have his hands and feet!:tonguewink::tonguewink:

Tex, don´t like cars with a lot of stickers, just a few meaning ones.

ianplymouth likes this.
  5. Looks class mate. I bet you really miss that little bastard.

manugtt likes this.
  6. Looks good.

What kind of power was it putting out?

Surprised it was not lighter? I thought they were about 800 kg from factory.

7. They were around 870kg. from factory. I´d work much in weigh, but the roll cage plus a lot of kgs. The power? Not idea to be honest, never test it in a dyno, but I would say around 150HP, maybe not much, but it had fitted a Clio Sport gear box that work perfectly with the engine. In Pau Arnoss circuit, we road faster than Clio Sport´s and others, specifically the day of the last pic.:grin::grin:

8. Love that Manu!

manugtt likes this.
  9. The thing that made me laugh for a Spaniard, was the english T-Shirt with the phrase`hate everything`..
    i want one!
    And yes..those feet and a renault 5 pedal box must have been a laugh...bit like my old 106GTI...with my size 13s,i could push all 3 pedals at once with 1 foot,it was so cramped in the footwell!

manugtt likes this.
  10. Whose signature was on the glovebox?

11. Thanks to all for your words!
    Andrew, just give me an address and a size and I´ll send you one of the evil cat!:grin::grin:
    T&biskits, the signature is of the old man on my side, Mr. Jean Jeanott Ragnotti. Like I said, that day we went very fast, and he close to the car to watch, and taking advance of the moment, I ask him to sign the glovebox, helmet, a model car and obviously, the photo!:wink:

T&biskits likes this.
  12. Wow!...the legend ragnotti!...his driving behind the wheel of the Renault 5 is the stuff of legend...what a honour to meet such a man!

13. Renault 5 made me smile.

manugtt likes this.
  14. Andrew, he usually be in Renault Sport events, like "World Series" or similar, so is easy to meet him. Is very king, I meet him a few times and never seen refusing a sign or a pic.

By the way, wasn´t joking about tshirt! If you want it, I gift you one:wink:

15. will pm you...its certainly my style!

16. :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:
    I´m glad to heard that, blacker than hell!

17. I love this, Manu! Thanks for sharing it. I especially love how you refer to it as the little bastard! [emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787] poetic.

Keep up the good work! [emoji1303]

18. What a beautiful machine you had!!
    But a GTTurbo is not to be sold, never ever :grimacing::grimacing::grimacing:
    The apparatus it's very good too!Good lucky with him

manugtt likes this.
  19. Don´t remember it to me mate! That what I thought, but here I am. The apparatus make me smile too, but different way.

20. Sorry mate :grimacing::grimacing:
    But I know what you feel... Before my Mrs I had a Seat Ibiza 6L 1.9Tdi, YES, it was a cancer with wheels(I bought it with 36k kms and sell it with almost 400k kms) but I loved the car, I spent a lot of money on it to put it as I wanted, but then I came to Germany and had to sell it, it was a very bad day for me..
    But now that I have the Mrs, I think: why ride in a car that just goes in front, and you can't "enjoy" almost anything(not the case for your Gtturbo)!

manugtt likes this.
  21. That´s the spirit man! Those Ibiza are eternal, I know a couple over 500k kms. and going.

PTMRS likes this.
  22. Great surprise this weekend! I was walking on the mountains when I saw the guy who have now my old Gt Turbo. We start a little talk and just meet to the afternoon to show me the car again. Very happy to see it in good condition and in good company too!
    tempImageZEY5nS.png

Coopz21x, BillyA, Paddy80 and 6 others like this.