My new tuned LY R26

Discussion in 'Megane Projects' started by mikeh, May 6, 2014.

1. So I picked this up last week from a member on here.

Spec according to the previous owner;
    * RS Tuning Stage 2 Map - 274bhp 310 lb/ft
    * Larger uprated injectors (630cc)
    * K-Tec 3" Sport Exhaust System
    * Miltek De-Cat
    *Samco Silicone Hoses
    * Forge re-circ valve
    * Forge actuator
    * Forge uprated front mount intercooler
    * K-tec goodridge Front and rear Braided Hoses
    * Short shifter
    * Scangauge II with x gauge
    * ARP Con Rod Bolts
    * Taper Pro Polarised Wheel Bolts
    * Cooksport Springs
    *Brembo Plain HC Discs
    * DS1.11 Pads

I managed to get a few pics today:

13937336300_e2d3431c53_z.jpg

14123968885_cfa0fe1528_z.jpg

14144028653_bc2d7dfcb3_z.jpg

14120953532_10a6d21a06_z.jpg

14120661361_93869bd7a0_z.jpg

As far as plans go - I don't really have any. I specifically looked for a car with the spec I wanted.

It does have a few chips that I'll attempt to smart repair and a wheel refurb will happen at some point, or perhaps I'll just replace them and keep these for track.

I fitted four CS5s in the right size as the car had fairly well worn 225s on it.

I'm going to find some spare wheels to throw some track rubber on and see where that gets me. I suspect the lack of camber might be frustrating both in terms of performance and tyre wear, but I'm not entirely keen to ditch the standard suspension yet. Why does no one make camber adjustable top mounts for standard suspension? :worried:

2. Welcome mate tidy car you have. You happy with it

3. I love it.

It's my favourite car yet (so far, anyway :tongueout:) and I'm a bit of a hot hatch junkie having had a Corrado VR6, Golf GTI, Corsa VXR, Focus ST, Clio 182 and now the R26 in the last five years.

4. Ash87

Ash87 RSM Moderator

Ideal spec that, similar to mine. Enjoy pal :smile:

5. Looks good epic photo's too

6. Jeso that's a good we list of hot hatches you have had ha.

7. Glad you are enjoying her! Lovely looking location there.

For reference the 225 Pilot Super Sports that were on the front were a tad wider than the 235 Pilot Sport 3s that they replaced. (Until I used up edges... :wink: )

8. Gray

Gray RSM Moderator

Lovely looking car and a spec!

I am with you on the camber adjustment (as most on here), such a shame nobody offers an adjustable top mount solution to fit the OE suspension :worried:

9. There is no room between springs and car to move the damper towards the engine.

10. Didn't cooksoort mention about them developing adjustable top mounts over on meganesport.net to suit standard springs?
    Im sure I seen something on their, they were made by ast I think. But was absolute mega money for them.
    Not sure if this all went ahead though.

11. Josh came up with a spring seat adapter to use coilover springs with AST top mounts, I think.

I imagine he's too busy winning races to finish it.

I wouldn't mind investing in some BCs, but I'm quite happy with the balance of ride comfort and stiffness at the moment.

12. I fitted DS1.11s and Brembo HC discs today. Comical.

I can't wait to find some track wheels and see what braking is like on some decent track rubber.

13. I gave it a quick clay, polish and wax today. No pictures of the car as I shall finish it in the morning, but it has starting beading nicely :smile:

[​IMG]

14. Powerflex make bushes with adjustable camber and caster for the 197, so worth looking into if they do the meg