265 My mid box removal

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by Frimley111R, Feb 8, 2016.

1. Had this done last week, essentially just cutting out the long box that runs between the front seats underneath and replacing with a straight pipe.

Impressions are good, it's about 10% 'better' overall. A bit more roty/burbly on tickover, a few more pops/bangs (but nothing too loud/obtrusive) and bit louder on harder acceleration. It really seems to make it sound like I feel it should have straight from the factory. It sounds like it is a sports car now but one that is also fine day to day (mine is). As a first, low cost step at improving your exhaust I'd say this makes a lot of sense. Mine cost £60 to do.

2. still under warranty ??

3. Not sure, why?

4. Video / soundcheck inside the car?

5. Its not loud enough to make a video worthwhile tbh. Although at the moment i have the rear seats down and that makes quite a difference!

6. Mine has been done as well, and it's great! With the seats down you can hear all sorts of pops and bangs.

Go out and try heel-toeing down the gears!

7. Mine makes insane pops and bangs lol, it makes me grin from ear to ear :smile: a massive difference on my car anyway.

Car sounds more throaty and aggressive without droning.

8. I've got to do it then :smiley: