My Liquid Yellow R26

Discussion in 'Megane Projects' started by Lady-Bock, Dec 27, 2013.

1. Ive owned the R26 for nearly 3 years, Optional extras that are on the car: Xenon headlights and Renault F1 decal deletion.

The start of my modifacations are as follows, firstly i had the alloys re-furbed in anthricite as a few of the alloys were a bit curbed, bought and had fitted a new R26R REAR SPOILER from world of parts, the car then had four new coil packs and tripple platinum plugs before going off to KTEC RACING to have a re-map and airbox modifacation (the car already had an ITG filter fitted) which gave great gains as it made 260bhp on the rollers which i was very happy with.
    We then changed the air induction hose to Ktec's yellow and changed the D.V t-piece to samco yellow, also all yellow vacumn hoses to go with my new HKS SSQV dump valve.
    Then we put on 4 brand new vredistien sassansa's as all the extra power needed to be put on the road and not laying all over the tarmac lol.
    After 4 months i decided that the colour need to be changed so i decided to have certain items resprayed in high gloss black....

Alloys
    R26R spoiler
    Wing mirrors
    Door handles
    Engine cover
    Battery cover

Next on my list of things to do was fit a modified gearbox linkage (short shifter) exchanged from andrewjeffs which is an awesome modifacation and the difference is nite and day, shortly after that i changed the side repeaters to the smoked type with dark bulbs and also changed the front indicator bulbs to modified silvertec ones. fitted a small b sting rs ariel as well.

Then I started on something which at first seemed like a brilliant idea but now my carbon fetish is taking control over me and is getting very expensive lol
    They are.....

Carbon alloy wheel inserts
    Streamline Carbon Engine cover
    Streamline Carbon fusebox cover
    Streamline Carbon Door Pillars
    Streamline carbon front diamond
    Streamline Carbon rear diomond
    Streamline Carbon side bullets
    Interior carbon centre console
    Interior carbon door arms
    Interior carbon F1 identifacation plaque with yellow writing
    Carbon dome 3D gel number plates
    Carbon effect 197 Side skirts.
    There are a few other bits of carbon i want in time.

Next was some touches to the interior which included taking out the Recaro Harness Eyes to have them sprayed
    (had seen this on another meg (Tim's) and thought it was an excellent touch) which were an absolute nightmare to remove withouth breaking the small retaing clips for anyone who is thinking of trying this but my other half has the patients of a saint thank god and we removed them succesfully and had them sprayed liquid yellow, next we removed the ring around the gear gator which i also had sprayed liquid yellow, both turned out great.

next was the polished steel overlay which i fitted to the......

Side air vents
    Windscreen vents
    Glovebox strip with Renault Sport in carbon on it
    Ecu cover with etched Megane Sport in it
    Clock display
    Speedo display

All of which look really good together and really set the interior off.

Next we changed my brakes,
    New high carbon brembo front drilled discs with mintex m1144 pads,
    New high carbon rear drilled and grooved discs with mintex m1144 pads.

had some graphics made for some individual parts of the car like...

Yellow RENAULT MEGANE SPORT wheel graphics
    Recaro Harness Eyes R26 graphics in black
    Battery cover R26 graphic in yellow
    Recaro seat side plate graphics RENAULT F1 TEAM 1562
    R26 F1 graphic on centre console in yellow.

New version rear RS renault sport boot badge and new front RS badge.
    New Miltek 3" stainless steal exhaust right through.

Upgraded the cd player and fitted a new sub and amp and also bought KTEC's custom made yellow/black taylored mats. and uprated polorized wheel bolts by t.p.i.
    I still have plan's for more bits.

All My Engine yellow hoses have been changed to orange now so i will have to take some of the new colour in engine soon.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 27, 2013
  2. Last edited: Dec 27, 2013
  3. sounds great mate any pics to follow :smile:

4. having trouble posting a sec , cant seem to upload to photo bucket

5. Looks tidy how much are the side skirts?

6. paid £300 from renault for the skirts.

7. http://[​IMG]

At the French cae show 2013
    [​IMG]
    My engine bay when i had the yellow hoses (now orange)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    My new and old Exhaust
    [​IMG]

8. How are you finding the vredistien sassansa's mate? Not many people like them on here but go over to the M3 owners forum and they rave about them!

9. gotta say i think there great, i had PS2 and they didnt last half as long and were rubbish in the snow lol

10. Big fan of the engine rocker cover! :cool: Car on a whole looks great too!

11. cheers mate, I have got more pictures to upload when I get chance as so bizy

12. Saw this at FCS I said hi as I got my rear discs off you, nice lady and it makes a change having a lady in the mix :smile: PS you gave me the confidence to show mine this year x

13. Hello yes was nice to meet you.... cheers dude, really glad to hear you going to attended some shows with yours this year.