Multimedia display unit

Discussion in 'Electrical & Interior - Security, ICE, Wiring Loom' started by JDC, Jan 20, 2020.

1. JDC

JDC

Hi guys,

I’ve been seeing a lot of the multimedia display units that are significantly slimmer than the double din touch screen units. I am seriously considering as price wise it’s cheaper. Also seems lighter and I dun need a DVD or CD player nowadays anyways.
    I’d prefer to connect my phone to my head unit.
    I am just wondering if anyone has installed something similar in replacement to their oem double din head unit that could give me some pointers.

Sorry for asking newb questions. Not the most tech savvy...

Is it true to say any head unit will fit the Megane 225 as long as I have the correct harnesses, adapters, etc?

2. If you don't want a double din unit you can fit a single din one but your front fascia has had the middle bar cut out to fit the double din unit so you would probably need a new fascia to reinstate a single din unit and pocket. I guess which unit you choose will make the adapters easier or harder to obtain.

3. JDC

JDC

Hi thanks for the replay.

I do want a double din unit to fill the space.
    My question is, if I can install those multimedia display screens in the Megane 225? A
    I’m questioning coz those screens are thinner and I don’t if I will need a bracket or if they are even compatible with the Megane 225s?