MTC Turbo intake pipe

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by Bowen, Apr 1, 2016.

1. I ordered the 'ikon' one and it's fine

2. ive got the mtc fitted, works fine and looks great!

3. apart from looking nicer do these actually improve performance or anything at all?

4. I fitted a forge turbo intake pipe to my old 1.8t and I'm sure it felt better, quicker spool of the turbo.

5. Bowen, did you purchase this? I'm not sure whether to pay more for the brand or just order this one....

6. Curious as well, surely it can't be that much difference to justify the extra cost?

7. Ive ordered one but im not fitting it until I decide to either fork out on a ktec intake kit or I think ive seen other people mention having a pipercross cone ??

8. No not purchased although I may. Hopefully Tev can let us know how he gets on?

9. apparently the smaller holes arent very good and the sensors or whatver they are keep popping out .

10. I fitted this onto mine and had no problems at all I have the ktec induction kit and it fitted perfectly

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

11. It can't be a hard item to replicate surely! I may take the plunge. TEV, you got a link to the pipercross cone? Does the hose itself seem decent enough quality?

12. I don't know about the pipercross cone myself. I'm trying to figure out how they are doing it on their 250's.. Is it just straight onto the intake pipe and remove all the airbox ? What cone is being used ? Can anyone confirm before I spend 200 quid on K-tec's intake

13. Like this....

image.png

I would like to know the diameter of the hose, TEV maybe you could measure your silicone one whilst it's off the car? Then just order a big ITG cone or similar. Only thing your then missing from the K-Tek CAI is the box the surrounds it.

14. Interested in this also as you can make a cheaper induction kit with the hose and the cone instead of paying the KTax

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. Isnt it just sucking warm air from under the hood like this? If so, the original box can be better in performance.

16. IMG_2107.jpg

I used an aluminium reducer, std pipe 70mm dia to 80mm piper x cone filter.

17. Looks good! Where do you get the cold air from?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. Standard route that used to go in the airbox. May at some point add to it with a vent somewhere.

19. Thanks for that. Where did you get the reducer from ? Im thinking of doing the same thing...

20. Ebay. About £10/15. It is quite thin, so you cant do it up murder tight, but enough for it not to move.

21. I plan on getting a vent too for more cold air. Cone looks big lol Any difference noticed? Good or bad?

22. Fitted it after i had it remapped at RS Tuning, Paul said airflow was the restriction to the std turbo & suggested the cone filter.It did 319bhp with no filter(std box) & 309bhp with panel filter.

23. what are the dimensions of the pipercross cone mate? yours looks like it fits nicely.

24. Let you know tonight.

25. 200mmx200mm with 80mm inlet

Yea, thats the size.

26. Guessing spool up is much noisier T&biskits?

27. Yes, so is no rear seats with no centre silencer. Kind of makes up for the shit standard radio!

28. Awesome mate, the more whooshes n bangs the better! Did you oil the filter prior to fitting?

29. Is that rated lower in terms of power? I know the 80mm outlet one is rated to 380bhp

30. had that cone filter on my vxr. sucks like....

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

31. Mine was apparently shipped last night, FYI it can take 3-4 days for it to actually leave the supplier it seems, if you order through eBay anyways.

32. Oooooookay then, fitted the MTC with a big Pipercross last night, with the KTR recirc valve blank plate, the turbo flutter is ridiculous! :smiley:

33. video needed! any noticeable gains or just noise more than anything?

34. Definitely just noise, however that was all I wanted! Reading into it I should see some gains above the standard airbox when mapping comes around but again, I've only done this for sound. I couldn't care less about the negligible horsepower it might gain / lose on the dyno. I'll get a video up soon!

35. Bought of MTC a few weeks back, nice chap to deal with and no issues with the quality of the hoses.