Mr Pinks Brembo Pins - 225/ R26/ 175/ 250/ 265/ 275

Discussion in 'Car Parts For Sale' started by mrpink, Feb 2, 2015.

1. Try again, hopefully it should work now. But I still cant PM you...?

2. Guess you got this working in the end then as I got some message from you? :smile:

3. I couldn't PM you so just started a conversation, got there in the end though!

4. MartijnGizmo likes this.
  5. Fitted my pins yesterday, they seem very well made and so much easier to fit than the standard versions and therefore hopefully so when I ever need to remove them, very pleased with them.

6. Just a note.

I fitted my pins last summer, say 9 months ago.
    In that time I've done about 12k miles on west Scotland's wet, salty, crappy roads.

Needles to say I had real issues getting the pins out. No not like the OE ones but I still had to batter the hell out of them and partially mushroomed the ends.

Even struggled getting them back in after cleaning. So I conclude the holes must close up due to corrosion (galvanic).

In other words get them out every six months and clean them and the calliper!

RS 175 Cup Lux

7. Thats really strange.
    We've had them in for 4 years and only come out when I do a job on the car, but without issues.
    I took them out the other day in fact as I was doing the hub bearings (on a 175 also), they need a bit of pressure, as expected, but certainly weren't stuck and they haven't been out for over a year since the brakes were fitted.
    Worth a the note though that its worth cleaning the callipers as you have said

8. Yeah. I'm sure things are made worse here up on the west coast!
    Still, no risk of them falling out!! [emoji41]

RS 175 Cup Lux

9. Just bringing this back up for those changing pads this summer

10. Up again :smile:

Nigelo likes this.
  11. I slipped a bit of copper grease on mine before inserting them....good or bad to do?

12. I don't bother, but shouldn't harm them.

Ian

13. Could you pm me a price for these pins please [emoji1360]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. Message sent!

KillieRs likes this.
  15. How do I get a set please my man?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. Received my second set very quickly massive thank you to Ian excellent service and product

17. Thanks for the great feedback Chris :smile:

lok101 - I have pmd you

lok101 likes this.
  18. Any advice when using these to avoid them binding to the calliper? Used a set on my R26 and they got pretty stuck on the offside calliper.

19. Clean the holes out before you install the pins ? Can always slap a bit of grease on them - as they are stainless steel they won't rust as per brembo oe pins

20. Hmm, you are probably right about cleaning the holes out. Thought I had given them a good clean, but the previous pins had to be cut out they were that solid. Eventually will really need a calliper refurb

21. I whip off a wheel and take em out periodically to stop them. Holding up crap on my dci daily My trophy lives a sheltered life so chance of them getting stuck as pads get changed all the time for track work

ewant81 likes this.
  22. I can also be contacted on FB.

https://www.facebook.com/MrPinkPins/

If you've had some pins off me before feel free to give me a review and a like.

Have a great Christmas guys

23. Many thanks to mrpink. Quality pins and quick delivery. Cheers!

24. Hiya Mr Pink. I used your pins on the 275 but I have a 280 coming which will require frequent pads swaps. Do you know if your pins will fit the MK4?

25. Hi Nick, they look the same as the mk3's from pictures I have seen, and expect then the pins will be. PM me could maybe sort something out?

26. @mrpink what size are the r clips used? - one of mine snapped a leg off last time I changed pads and I expect I might need to replace this time I swap pads

27. Send me a pm mitch - get you sorted out

28. Hi, do you still stock these please?

Thanks