R26 MPG on mapped cars

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by r26pete, Oct 25, 2015.

1. I'm toying with the idea of giving my Megane more power. I want to maintain reliability so plan to fit an uprated intercooler and have it tuned at RST. My only concern is the MPG, I can get high 30's on a run if I drive with a light right foot. I do a lot of miles so need to keep the fuel costs at a reasonable level.

If a car is mapped, can it still achieve decent MPG if driven frugally?

2. It'd be odd to see it produce worse mpg post-map.

3. I get less mpg on stage 1 than I do on standard map not really sure the difference but on stage 1 it's always around 28-29, standard always above 30

4. That sounds ok. My commute is mostly on the motorway, I'm guessing that a remap shouldn't make much difference when in off-boost conditions?

5. Mine isn't mapped but on my daily ten minute commute to work it's showing 29. Mine isn't mapped though

6. never really noticed any change in MPG, some tuners claim you will gain MPG but that's usually on Diesel cars.

7. On my R26 on a longer run it is more efficient with the RS Tuning stage 1 map than the original - I think it could be to do with the low down torque you get.

When putting the foot down it does drink around 20-25% more imo - combined mpg fell around 2 point on a full tank for me

8. I think I'll go for it. Burning more fuel whilst on the raggidy edge doesn't bother me, if the motorway MPG is similar I'm happy. Cheers for the replies.

Pete.

9. I get 22 daily and 34-36 on a run, stage 2 287bhp

10. My mpg increased after its first map. Was quite easy to get an indicated 37mpg on decent motorway runs

11. 25 mpg knocking about on short runs, stage 2, into the 30's on a run no problem

12. My mpg increased after the first remap, you should get it done

13. MBC

MBC

29.2 for mine stage 1 map. Bit of dual carriage way and town driving mostly.

14. 32 ish on a run, 27 ish around town, stage 2 300 & 300.

15. 29 - 30 on a 12 mile each way commute, stage 1 henk map 237/270

16. Gavin.

Gavin. RSM Admin

41.9 around town late 40's on the motorway.

17. I specifically wonder if people with 630's still have a proper reading of mpg?

18. When standard my 225 i got around 22 mpg this is doing 4 miles to work one time a week and mostly short journeys at weekends with either a quick blast at the weekend or occasionally traveling to another town ie 30 miles away. Since being mapped at stage 1 at 272hp on standard injectors i get around 23 to 23.5 mpg with same driving, i also never reset my trip so its then takes longer for the mpg to change significantly as time goes on.

i would of thought remapping would get you better mpg and in my experience that's slightly so, at first you will probably put your foot down more so thats when you will notice the mpg drop, but once you start doing your normal journeys again you should see slightly better mpg?

If your getting over 30mpg your either not driving hard enough or doing tool many miles in it or you have a 175 dci lol

19. I personally think the 630s read more reliably than the optomistic standard ones :smile:

I never seemed to actually achieve what was being reported on the mpg ometer.

20. so it is out then, doesn't surprise me tbh. becomes even more strange with boost regulated fuel system i guess.

21. I've averaged 30mpg over the last 3,000 miles, most of that is the 15 mile round trip to work with the odd blast now and again. Remapped/decat 272bhp. My old standard 225 5dr did 27mpg on exactly the same journeys.

22. My 250 did 27mpg before mapping and now afterwards it does 31 consistently and I drive it mostly around town

23. My 250 does a constant 30mpg after a stage 1 remap running 309 bhp