MOT advisory's . . . should I be concerned???

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by richmeg, Apr 6, 2014.

1. Hey,

Just had my MOT done, apart from a few bulbs and anti-roll bar link it passed.

However, a few advisory's were noted . . .

001 Nearside Track rod end ball joint has slight play

004 Play in steering rack inner joint(s)

Brake discs were also worn . . .

Anything to worry about before I invest lots in performance goodies?

2. I had to replace my rack inner arms make sure you get the right ones as the r26 are longer than standard and you an only get them from a dealer im not sure what car youve got but they were reasonably priced i found my car handled a lot better when they were done stopped it pulling about under acceleration well worth changing im no expert but id say get the ball joint done at same time it should eva straightforward enough job

3. Its a 225 (05) Phase 1 . . . do you think it is just the rack inner arms that need replacing then? And the ball joint . . . how much we talking roughly?

I've collected a pile of performance parts I was about to stick on before the Summer but not sure its worth it with these repairs looming S-:

4. its good practice to replace the advisorys mate , however it's not desperate , if you replace the inner track arms it's good practice to replace the track rod ends , not massively expensive the ends , but may aswell if one is also an advice !

5. I can't say for sure but that was on mine sorted it out anyway I couldn't say a price for the ball joint but I would guess they can't be too expensive if it was me I be inclined to as much as is needed no point in skimping on the upkeep of theese a cars