225 more power please....

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by maddog, Apr 6, 2017.

1. Right....i have a PH2 225 with an R26 engine fitted. What do i need to do to get more power?

I presume 630cc injectors, decent panel filter and remap..........but what else? What exhaust do i get? It needs to be track legal re noise and pass an MOT

2. I maybe wrong, but i dont think you need injectors unless your going into intercooler territory, exhaust n panel filter + remap shound see you around 250-280bhp maybe more if its a strong engine.

3. Decat will be track legal but not mot legal. Maybe a sports cat if you can afford one? That'll help the gasses flow more freely and give you a 10ish bhp gain with a map

4. how much power do you want?
    Is well known you are pushing the phase 1/2 F4RT engine to its max at 300lb/ft ,
    which you will make with a stage 2 tune/intercooler/injectors combination.

Also if you dont have the Diff,it will be a struggle getting that sort of torque down out of the corners.

If you go stage 2 you will be on the max the chassis can handle,as well as a small safety margin...but you are on the limit.

That will be more than enough without having to worry about mot issues etc if you change the exhaust/cat,just to gain a few more HP.