MK4 R.S. 300 Engine/Gearbox Lights

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by blz06, Jul 18, 2023.

1. The car lost power without warning during normal road driving. Then started flashing with "Engine and Gearbox Failure Risk" lights. Now unable to start the car, ticks but can't start, either not feeding fuel or not igniting, main dash quoting all sorts of warning messages on brakes system, engine, gearbox..

Any thoughts and opnions on this? The car is two year old, done 16.5k miles.

2. These are quite well known for having fuel pump and battery issues, Renault can sort it under warranty if you speak to a dealer

3. Thanks, fuel pupm sounds quite possible.

I'm struggling to book it in with a dealer soon enought though, the earliest appointment is in two weeks time.

EthanMenace likes this.
  4. I had very similar, car would just come to a stop, turned out, my problem was the swirl pot pump.

5. The car was in stop/go congestion for 30 minutes 5 minutes before the breakdown, I guess as soon as the speed increased, the pump failed..

How long did it take for the dealer to solve the issue and what were done? thanks

6. P
    pump was delivered within 72 hours, garage fitted it same morning.