265 MK3RS air intake temp sensor

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by sylekta, Apr 25, 2019.

1. Hi all

I have a faulty sensor and after some research on this forum seems to be a common issue. I live in NZ and none of the renault dealers here have stock so I have ordered one off ebay but it might not be genuine renault so might not work properly as people have mentioned. Renault reckon it will take 3-4 weeks to get one in and want to charge me 100 NZD, my issue is that I have a track day booked in 10 days so unlikely to arrive in time and I am hesitant to use the ebay one if taking the original one out will break it completely. If I leave the current one where it is, is there any risk to my engine going for a race with it? I am not bothered by the cold start issues.. I just dont want it going lean or anything like that when I am hooning around the track. And does anyone know an online store that ships international and has genuine parts? I tried RPD but they dont offer international shipping option and they have not responded to email.

2. Appreciate your concern but without knowing what component you’re talking about bit difficult to answer you dilemma, generally running with bad sensor usually ends in tears

3. It's in the title of the thread? my bad for not putting it in the body of the post as well. It is the air intake temp sensor. When I do a datalog with my rstuner it just shows 20 from the sensor and doesnt change, Henk from fastchips says that means it faulty. rsmonitor shows a a reading that changes though so *shrug*

4. Ah yes....sorry completely missed that, u tried Autodoc from Germany I get all my shit from them plus ship worldwide, oh and maybe best sell track day asap

5. You can trust Autodoc, plus there’s some big names in that lot (Hella, Delphi, Meat & Doria, Metzger etc) ping the helpful pop-up customer service guy your VIN they’ll do a good search and let them suggest a few they have in stock

6. The standard one is red, i tried a delphi grey one, even thou it cured the starting issue it didnt cure the kangarooing from cold, only the standard red one cured that for a few months and it back the same again. I think the mapped boost pressure/heat is fying it.

7. What would the solution for that be? uprated intercooler?

8. Im only speculating, as its a generic map, and it starting kangarooing a few months after, then a few years later totally went giving me starting issues where it would idle on start up and would cut straight out, took about three attempts to start, on the third it would idle rough and a blip of the throttle and all was well. Could be a map issue. But its always drove well.

9. But that valeo one looks the same as renaults one

10. I'll bring a couple in, not too much drama if they fail every couple of months as they are pretty cheap :smile: