Mk3 rs250 misfiring cylinder injector fuelling???

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by Sean_192, Apr 24, 2019.

1. Just had some bits fitted to the car including airtec intercooler and some silicone boost pipe hoses.. car was running fine probs even better all the way home until about 5 mins from home lost all power car went all spluttery and had to pull over. Then struggled to restart it with clouds of white smoke and absolutely stinking the place out with fuel. Running like a tractor got it home and had it plugged in and was reporting misfire on cylinder 2 - replaced coil pack today and still running rough but turns over easier. run live data and was misfiring still and thought injector so swapped injector 2 with 4 and the fault jumped to 4 so I’m hoping it’s that- IS THIS JUST POT LUCK AND BAD TIMING OR IS THE I.C causing a problem for the car ??

2. Also will add that was running fine and then put some shell v power in and this happened 5 mins after leaving the garage? Crappy bit of fuel ?

3. From what you have done already I would say almost definately the injector. While it's running disconnect the suspected faulty injector and see if it idles the same.

I would say the intercooler change is just coincidence and nothing to do with the running fault.

Sean_192 likes this.
  4. Replaced injector today and were back up and running! :-)

Beau likes this.