MK3 RS Fuel filter problem

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by Nathan.H, Feb 18, 2020.

1. Hi all

Went to change my fuel filter at the weekend and one of the green connectors has broken. What are my options? Does anyone know where I can buy the green connector and fuel line?

As you can see in the attached pic, I put a zip tie around the clip to keep it on for now - but I desperately need to change the fuel filter ASAP!

Any help is appreciated!

Attached Files:

2. Probably Genuine Renault & probably only be able to buy the fuel line that its attached to.( Had to change one from the tank before & had to buy the whole line). Looks like someone has been tinkering around there before.

Nathan.H likes this.
  3. I think Renault only sell them pipes as A kit.
    172728420R
    £118+ vat

Nathan.H likes this.
  4. Genuine Renault... Get the vault open.

Nathan.H likes this.
  5. Those green plastic clips are so easy to snap
    Would love know if that cable tie held fuel pipe on ??

6. I need to change my fuel filter. Is it easy to replace without damaging the clips? Any best practices on safe removal?

7. there’s probably a tool that’s designed for theses clips although never see one, need to pull clips from middle of its curve straight out away from pipe I’ve been using pin-nose pliers but not ideal really need something with hook on end

Gareth likes this.
  8. Believe these are clips

Attached Files:

Gareth likes this.
  9. I’ll give it a go when the weather improves. Knowing my luck I’ll break them.

10. Attempted the fuel filter today, gave it all a clean up first to see the clips better.

Do you have to push the green clips in to release the connector or lift it up and out?
    Didn’t want to push the clips too hard and snap them.

Thanks

11. Yeah you push the green clip in while pulling the connector away from the filter. I ended up getting my mechanic mate to fit mine - he actually removed the green clips altogether to remove it as they don’t seal it, they just hold the connector onto the filter. If it does start to snap you can just put a cable tie around the green clip and it will work!

12. Cheers mate, will do it tomorrow. Cable ties at the ready!

13. the green clip is actually a separate item and needs to be PULLED OUT completely away from the pipe as in my photo above

14. can be bit confusing as all the fuel line around the engine do indeed use the push type integrated connector (foto) its just the filter uses the little pull out clips

Attached Files:

Gareth likes this.
  15. Ha I’ll try that then. Does much fuel come out of the pipe when removing? Best to clamp the lines?

16. No fuel comes out pipe as pump is between tank and filter, it is under pressure so expect squirt when pulling pipe off filter and filter itself hold fair bit so might need towels for that spillage. Once both clips are pulled out it’s easy swap filter over and pop clips back in

Gareth likes this.