Mk3 on a mk2

Discussion in 'Suspension, Brakes, Wheels & Tyres section' started by Poppaboost, Aug 12, 2020.

1. 71120554-9273-4983-9D6F-87D5ADB411AA.jpeg Is this anyone on here’s car?

Or has anyone else fitted mk3 wheels on their mk2, apparently this is running a mk3 rear beam and front hub flanges.

2. I was going to go the other way, mk2 wheels on my Mk3, i bought new Mk3 flanges and was going to drill them, but the Mk3 flanges are thinner where the bolts would have to go through, Mk2 flanges are the same thickness all the way round, in the end i sold my Mk2 wheels :pensive:

3. you can fit a Mk3 rear beam on a mk2 i think there is a thread on this in here somewhere, and diamonds motors i think retrofits the mk3 hubs and suspension including swivel hubs system to mk2. might be worth contacted them to double check.

4. Let us know your finding as i am interested to find out but never had the time to look into it properly

5. Diamond motors in Long Eaton?

6. Look good, any prices anywhere though? I can’t get on the page as I don’t have Facebook.

7. I think its best to contact them directly and speak to them about your requirements, then he will be able to discuss a price with you, ask for Mick, from what i heard he is really helpful

8. Yeah I’ve used him before several times as he’s only half an hr away.