Mk3 gearbox rebuild thread

Discussion in 'Megane Discussion' started by ianplymouth, Apr 22, 2020.

1. Hi all

I'm going to rebuild my 265 gearbox next week.

Question is, does anyone want me to do a thread on this ????

sunnylunn and dave77 like this.
  2. I don´t seem like a shellfish, but it can be a pretty information for the club...so, go man, go!!

BTW...Ian rules!!:grin::grin:

ianplymouth likes this.
  3. Ian, even though I'm currently running an R26, I avidly read your posts. There's probably many people like me who are very interested in everything that you're up to.... So, yes please mate....... [emoji3][emoji106]

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

ianplymouth and manugtt like this.
  4. I did a 225/R26 a couple of yes ago but i didn't take any notes or pics as it was a learning curve for me at the time, the Mk3 gearbox is a lot easier to strip, the mk2 one was a pig of a job.

Si271 likes this.
  5. I wish I was as handy as you with a set of spanners Ian!

6. be interesting see cost of this

if can remove, split and replace gears/syncros yourself should be cost effective as long can measure which parts are worn etc

otherwise its £650 for complete refurbish box

7. I have already bought all the parts, all the bearings and seals will be replaced along with the 3rd and 4th syncro hub and 3rd gear gear.
    i will put up the part numbers of the bearings and seals i bought when i start the thread.

Eder and Si271 like this.
  8. Do it, I would be interested.

9. Please take a lot of pictures !

10. will do :laughing::laughing:

11. What are you waiting for? Queen's authorization :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

manugtt likes this.
  12. I have things to do around the garden :laughing::laughing: re-potting my tomato's, sweet corn etc etc etc

Got another job to do next week (work on a jet ski)

What is the point in doing everything in a week, what will i do the week after :openmouth::openmouth:

PTMRS and Si271 like this.
  13. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

You ever think of changing FD Ian?

14. No think it will be okay when the rev limit is raised another 800-1000

-Jamie- likes this.