MK3 fuel rail

Discussion in 'Car Parts For Sale' started by matt e, Oct 9, 2023.

1. matt e

matt e South East RSM Area Rep

Megane MK3 fuel rail

Can be modified to fit a MK2 as well

£55 posted

382603798_10160915188966508_6677568659585475161_n.jpg 382603798_10160915188966508_6677568659585475161_n.jpg

2. What modifications you must do to adapt it to a Meg 225, except the adding of a return fuel line ? Do you need to change the position where it fits on the engine block ?

3. Mounting hole on one side needs widening to bolt onto a mk2 manifold and that’s it I think.

4. ianplymouth

ianplymouth RSM Club Member

No return required.

But you really need to do another couple of modifications along with fitting it.

5. Is this still available?

6. A few questions bro.To adapt this rail to the Meg 225, i'm guessing you need to remove that regulator and block it off on the rail correct? can one use an external fpr instead of the in-tank one upgrade ( I've seen in pics) and how to hook it up. Sorry for all the questions as I have of these rails for my upgrade and just not clear on how to install it.

7. ianplymouth

You don't need to remove the regulator, if your running a standard intake pump, then all you have to do is, remove the small O ring on the pressure relief valve (usually green).
    The intank fpr valve is set at 3bar, you don't need an external fpr valve, not until you want to go for bigger power, say over 270-280hp, the limiting factor is the injectors, if you are going to get it mapped as pretty much standard, it might be worth putting in 250 injectors, but only when you are at the mappers.
    Hope this helps.

Marvin likes this.
  8. Hi Ian, Yeah the car is getting its head machined at the engineers now, my 15T has been been reconditioned last week and the ECU is stock right now but think it has a tune on it already, will have to check somehow on this.

See below the blocker a buddy of mine machined for me to replace the FPR (Ive seen this example somewhere on this site before to accommodate an external FPR in the engine bay) The Meg 3 Fuel rail has been modified fit the 225 head. I however still need to get a stronger fuel pump for in-tank use.
    WhatsApp Image 2024-09-05 at 18.15.03_08251a2b.jpg FPR blocker.jpg Deka 630cc injectors (blue) and Meg250 Injectors (longer ones)
    View attachment 41749 About the 250 injectors, I have a set of these that I got along with the Meg3 fuel rail, Is it possible to use those injectors as they are a completely different shape,they're longer than the stock ones from the 225 (must be mapped to be used). At some stage I want to install my forged bits into the other block and install it along with a Gtx2867r turbo and a made-up tube manifold done then install the 630cc injectors and get it tuned only then once all the hardware has been installed.

I hope this helps to understand my confusion abit better. MANY THANKS.

9. ianplymouth

Hi Marvin
    If you are fitting a stronger fuel pump in the tank, then you will need to take out the in tank FPR valve and replace it with a 5bar one (this will have to be modified slightly) you can still run a Mk3 fuel rail and FPR valve but with the small green If "O"ring removed, this then still gives you 3Bar at the injectors for running a standard setup/engine.

the 250 injectors will allow you to run up to about 350bhp ish, but with a raising rate fuel system, so 5 bar in tank and the 3bar in the fuel rail, you then need to connect the little pipe on the fuel rail FPR valve to the intake manifold.

If you fit a external FPR valve then you have the hassle of fitting a return fuel line, my forged R26 is running basically a mk3 fuel system and it made well over 400hp.

Don't bother with the 630cc injectors, the new Bosch ones are far better and cheaper, they also map easier.

To be honest with you i would leave it standard until you have forged your engine and run it in, plus a couple of thousand miles, then there is very little chance of it blowing up.