Mk3 Brembo on Mk2?

Discussion in 'Suspension, Brakes, Wheels & Tyres section' started by BlueNGT, Apr 29, 2021.

1. I had a price to get my front Calipers refurbished/serviced and Painted it is £220 for the pair at BCR not far from me.

They have a 8-9 days turnaround so that got me thinking!!

I have seen cars with Mk3 RS front Calipers fitted on a Mk2 RS? The calipers are not much more for a new pair on RPD.

I know I'll need Discs and pads but I want these anyway.

Are the Mk3 discs and Calipers bigger?

Is this a difficult mod?

2. If your ever thinking of tracking your car then this is a really good upgrade, still good even if your not as a decent set of pads are cheaper than the same for the mk2.

Mk2 dics's are 312mm, mk3 disc's are 340mm.
    You will need to get some spacers made that are 14-15mm thick, you will also need longer calliper bolts (i have some that i had made) the mk3 discs need either, the slots elongated or re drilled to 5x108.

Once you have the bits its an easy job.

3. @ianplymouth Thanks for the detailed reply!!! Read your R26 build thread the other day....I’m new to Renault so was really interesting.

I do hope to Track the car, it’s what I bought it for really.

Very interested in this now. Does nobody sell an adapter kit as it seems a fairly obvious and not very expensive upgrade!?

4. Randomly I was discussing this with someone today too, my mate has a full set up to go onto his track car, and I’m considering borrowing the brackets to try and get them copied.

BlueNGT likes this.
  5. @ianplymouth do you know what size and pitch the bolts need to be Ian?

6. If you back even further there is my 225 build thread, that's where it all started there's even more on there

7. M14x1.5 and 105mm long, i have two sets left if your interested, Renault want £15 each for standard ones, i can post a set for £48 and the right length :laughing::laughing:

8. Two full sets Ian?

9. I have two sets of 4 bolts, £48 is for one set (4)

10. There 12.9 high tensile cap head, same as the Renault ones.

11. BlueNGT likes this.
  12. @Poppaboost I’d be interested in the brackets if it’s a good fit!!

@ianplymouth I have a ratty 225 F1, picked up cheap. Been able to get hold of R26 rear beam and front ARB. Going to get a R26 gearbox or my 225 one rebuilt and add a Quaife.

Plan is to get Coilovers (Gaz Gold was my plan), polybush, MK3 Brakes with Braided hoses, some 8.5J or 9J wheels and get out on track.

13. I had an inferno 225, loved it and spent a lot on it but i don't think it liked me :confused:
    I did the Quaife route and was happy with that as its basically the same as the R26 one.

I tracked the hell out of it, i have other cars so that one and this new one are just trackday cars.

BlueNGT likes this.
  14. Luckily I have other cars too and don’t really want to track those hence picking this up!

I have Polybushes for it, braided hoses and new engine mounts. Need a decent place to rebuild the Gearbox with a Quaife or find a reasonable R26 box.

I’ll go R26R clutch and TTV flywheel at the same time. Nick at Pure Motorsport appears to offer good prices on those...he emails me after I contacted TTV.

Will go back and read your other posts!

15. Before remembering to post on here I emailed a couple of retailers about conversion kits - one the email bounced back twice and the other retailer response was the standard brakes are good enough we can quote on a rebuild of them for you!!

Rebuild will cost almost the same as getting some 250/265 calipers so why would you NOT upgrade!?

Just need the brackets if anybody has any or a template I am very interested.

16. BlueNGT likes this.
  17. for a while,you could get new and refurbed mk3 callipers from RPD and various others for very reasonable money...but with brexit and covid..thats fkd that up!

18. 34a8fd681ef7212221f21f0d352b768d.jpg

Got the kits in stock

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BlueNGT likes this.
  19. Got mine, lovely

Hoping to get them fitted before the nice weather arrives