MK3 better handling in Sports mode

Discussion in 'Megane Discussion' started by Charlie Howard, Jul 23, 2018.

1. Charlie Howard

Charlie Howard RSM Club Member

Does anyone else find that in full sports mode with ESC off the car handles a lot better or is it just me?

2. For the Cup cars the diff works a lot more in Sport mode, so it's probably that.

3. Charlie Howard

Ah that's probably it, I'd say in normal mode my 225 was better handling but when I put it in sports mode it's like no other car I've driven.

4. Mine handles the same haha, maybe just feels better without the traction control interfering, it doesn’t change the diff in anyway.

5. Charlie Howard

Mine feels a lot less floaty.

6. Gavin.

Gavin. RSM Admin

I need a diff first...:tearsofjoy:

7. Charlie Howard

Gavin [emoji23]

Anyone else also had a 225 and can confirm my opinion?

8. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

100% Placebo effect.

It makes zero difference, ESP is a bit more lax but if your smooth it isn't that intrusive in normal mode anyway

9. Charlie Howard

Hmm okay

10. I haven’t noticed any difference other than throttle map on my trophy R between normal and sport but when you turn esp off, is it really off?

11. Charlie Howard

Well traction control is definitely off, not sure about the rest but I don't see why not

12. No difference to the steering or handling in sports mode on the MK2/3 Meganes.

The Clio IV does let you choose different steering modes to go along with sport and normal. I guess the new Megane might have similar options too.

13. Charlie Howard

The car definitely feels better in the corners though, a lot less floaty.

14. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

There's literally nothing that changes that will effect the handling though, so it's in your head [emoji23]

Charlie Howard likes this.
  15. The faster throttle response will probably give you the feeling of having more control, but there's nothing in the steering or dampers that changes at all.