Mk2 Ph1 2005 R.S. Megane 225 50k

Discussion in 'Megane Discussion' started by Gazeratti, Jul 23, 2013.

1. Just reached 50k miles on Sunday night in my cherished Inferno Megane 225

[​IMG]

From the moment i saw an Inferno 225 on a bill broad around Barnsley i wanted one but id never thought id be able to afford to own one as they were way out of my price league and thought they would be expensive to run.

in early 2008 when looking around at cars i spotted this Inferno 225 being advertised by a firm called DS Cars it was advertised at £9.995 which was a good 4k cheap at that time and only had 11k on it which was well lower then anything else being advertised. I thought i was going to be too good to be true and have somet wrong with it. Needless to say we rang up and organised a viewing. So after a good look round it and a test drive which reveled no problems other then putting a huge grin on my face and giving me a great price for my Mk2 Ph2 R.S Clio 172 in Iceberg Silver i put a deposit down on it there and then and came back for it a week later.

[​IMG]

The Megane originally had been used by RUK before being sold to a women who couldnt afford the payments on it so was taken back by the finance company and DS Cars bought it a auction which is probably why it was so cheap so i was very lucky to spot this 1st and go down and buy it as he does a fair amount in R.S.'s

Being a RUK car to start with it had a few options on it over the standard spec car.
    *Xenons
    *Full Leather Seats
    *Orange seat belts and matching stitching
    *Climate Control

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So after 5 years of ownerships and putting 39k on her myself in that time i can honestly say i still love this car as much now as i did when i 1st saw it on a bill broad around 9 years ago, in how it looks, the colour and how it drives either a trash or just cruising.

She has been well looked after as i buy the best cleaning products for her and use all the correct methods. Nothing has ever touched the tank other the Shell's Vpower and also she has had done anything that needed doing to her, either through Harratts, Brain Leighton's or my top mate Foxspeed.

[​IMG]

Mid 2009 i took her to RS Tuning for a stage 1 remap. 1st time ive done owt like this with one of my cars and it certainly made a difference smoother, more powerful and better fuel economy

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We've had many great adventures together with the Yorkshire R.S. Posse over the 5 years ive owned her from drives out all over Yorkshire and Beyond to small Local car shows to Big ones like WSR and FCS and also the National meets we had at warwick.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So hears to a few more years of putting a grin on my face either looking back at her when ive parked up or just washed her or driving her here there and everywhere. She's not just a car She's my car [:smiley:]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Daz

Daz

Car looks great matey - interior looks immaculate!

3. Cheers Matey :smile: There is a bit of wear on the outer back rest bolster on both seats but other then that pretty much spot less :smiley:

4. Daz

Daz

Yeah I have a little wear there too on the drivers side - going to have a crack and touching it in soon.

5. Let us know how you get on :smile: i dont have the bottle to do owt like that scared id bugger it up some how lol

6. Daz

Daz

I'm cacking it to be honest - It's almost impossible to replace a Trophy seat!

7. Love it.

8. Naith

Naith RSM Admin

always been a top OEM example this, love it.

9. Fantastic oem example. Credit to yourself

10. Need a rather steady hand then, all though the colour matching is the main problem

11. Cheers guys always good to hear nice comments makes me feel very proud when people praise me on my pride and joy :smile:

12. Again, she's a stunner mate. Surprised I've not seen you around Barnsley. I drive a mercury r26...but to be fair mine is a daily family car so never looks as clean as yours. Whereabouts in tarn ya from?