R26 Mk2 Engine Mounting Options...........

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by papps, Nov 6, 2015.

1. Alright guys - options / opinions for the options in uprating engine / gearbox mounting positions.......

Option 1: Powerflex yellow inserts (c£150 for the lot)

Option 2: Powerflex Black Series inserts (c£175 for the lot).

Option 3: Vibratechnics mounts - around £440 for the 3, the 2 engine ones and the dogbone one?

Is there any other options I have no considered that I should do? If I go for the expensive vibratechnics option would I still have mounts that would need the inserts uprated as well?

I know the vibratechnics option will be the most hardcore in terms of idle vibration etc, but would consider it as hopefully they would never need replacing at the power I run (255).

Would be nice to have the car feeling more tight :smile:

2. When I looked into power flexMi was advise to go yellow as I only did road driving . The black series are much stiffer and mainly for track , or so I was told, depends what your use will be. Or how robust your spine is

3. The vibrations from the vibratechnics really arnt that bad mate.
    I love mine, had them on the Clio too, and my 106 Rallye before the Clio.

i visited vibratechnics in Corby when I had my 106, and they told me the way they designed them was to be more rigid but without creating to much vibration. I took a set of genuine pugsport group n engine mounts to test on their machines. The pugsports were not actually as rigid front to back movement, but very stuff up and down movement which is the opposite to vibratechnics. They leave some vertical movement to reduce the vibration.

And the difference between the pugsports and vibratechnics were unreal, vibratechnics were like standard mounts in comparison. I know these are a lot different cars to the Meganes and clios. But still, brill mounts. Just a shame they're on the pricey side.
    I never looked back after fitting mine, I also still have the upper dogbone mount fitted, where as most remove this to reduce the vibration apparently.

4. Vibratecnic arnt fun on a daily on the r26

5. Yeah - the car is getting pretty hardcore now anyway for daily use - but I want to be able to do 4 hour drives to other UK tracks etc without it being too much of a drag.

Maybe just go with some inserts.......

6. Honestly it won't be much different to the Powerflex in terms of vibration.
    I still use my r26 for general use, it's not a daily as I have a work van. But I can't use the van for personal use.
    How ever I did a 3 hour trip to Cardiff the other week and it and it was faultless. You forget they're there I find.

I get get it is a lot of money though, I preferred the better feel from the car and was prepared to put up with a bit extra vibration. But was quite surprised how little there is, unless I got to use the vibration on my 106 I don't notice it as much on my megane lol.

7. I never noticed them when I went out in it at Mallory mate