Mk2 225 gear change cable adjustment

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by ross_225, Aug 16, 2020.

1. Ordering a full gear shifter and cables tomorrow off Renault is it just a case of fitting them straight on or will the one cable with the adjuster on have to be setup when refitting ? Cheers Ross

2. Very easy to adjust.
    it takes a little tweaking if you want it to be well centered
    if you don't have help while adjusting it takes a little longer.

3. think new cables come with plastic insert that locates the lever in correct position to adjust the left/right cable to

4. So revived my new gear cables and housing , I’m guessing you fit the cables as normal then fit the white plastic lever holder to lock the lever in place then at the gearbox end lock the end cable adjuster in place ? Or do you have the put the gearbox into 3rd gear then fit the cables on ? As that’s what the holder looks like it positions it at

Attached Files:

5. Lever and selectors should all be in neutral position can then use the adjustable slider to bring cable end to ball and connect it

6. matt e

matt e South East RSM Area Rep

How much were the cables?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

7. You can’t buy both cables separately only one you can buy don’t buy any aftermarket pattern one either as they don’t work , I had to buy a complete gearstick assembles and the two cables come already attached I paid £196.00 but well worth the money

matt e likes this.