R26 Missfire

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by bengunn, May 20, 2015.

1. Hi all, my R26 has developed a misfire under wide open throttle when under load, it seems to be worse in the lower gears too ie 2-3-4. Ive checked the plugs and I bought a new bosch coil which ive tried across the cylinders with no luck. Its not throwing up any codes but I don't know if that's to do with the RStuning map where revs were capped at 6500rpm.
    Any help appreciated

Cheers

Ben

2. Hi, what kind spark plug you have? I have iridium denso IK24 whit 0,6mm light. Put in your coil extreme a Little lubricant fat. Look Picture, os very important what fuel you used. I hope help you [​IMG]

3. My R26 misfired on the last dyno run at RS Tuning when it was remapped, and then 3 days later, it was non OEM spark plugs and the previous owner not using VPower, once changed for OEM its been like a dream....

4. The current plugs have been in since around mid march with no problems, the car is always run on either v-power or Tesco momentum. What I was saying about the RST map was that im not sure if because its decat and rev limit had to be changed if paul may have said it will no longer log codes...this may be me dreaming though. If it was spark plug surely it would happen all the time not just under WOT at specific revs?

5. Anyone?

6. Give Paul a ring mate if he remembers your situation he may be able to advise better

7. Roger...cheers pal

8. I used to consistently get knock sensor errors when running with Tesco Momentum. Turns out that Tesco Momentum is mostly biofuel and isn't so clever in the mk2 meganes which aren't compatible with it (they don't recomment running the mk2 on biofuel at all).

9. I had a nightmare with that fuel as well. Car knocked like mad with it .

10. Is there much difference in price per litre between V-power and Momentum?

11. I get momentum for about 1.15 but not sure about v power, don't have a shell garage close.

12. V power normally about 7-10p dearer for me normally around where i live.
    just paid 1.24 for v power today

13. I'm paying £1.25 at the moment for v-power

14. £1.25 for me atm in Scotland, its £3.40 more per full tank or thereabouts vs normal Shell Unleaded - but you get double points, works out at around 1p saving per litre with a shell card

15. Yeah I use my shell card too. Keep that closer than my bank card haha

16. Vpower slighty more around manc at 1.24/l while momentum is £1.19/l

just switched he'd between the 2 and don't tide any difference , other than in the wallet department

17. Vpower slighty more around manc at 1.24/l while momentum is £1.19/l

just switched he'd between the 2 and don't notice any difference , other than in the wallet department

18. That's good to know. I'm planning to switch to Momentum for a bit to see if there is any difference in performance.

19. I don't know, but if the car is mapped then I really would avoid anything that has a high content of biofuel in mk2's.