225 Misfire

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by Filo, Jul 24, 2021.

1. I have nasty problem with misfiring. I've tried everything. The injectors have been changed. Checked coils . One by one. Checked compression (cold). New Renault ngk spar plugs ,fuel pump oem new .

The problem occurs when the engine is hot .

Fault codes :Cylinder 4 misfire detected, Misfire detected with low Fuel

I tried to reset the values of the adaptation with the bosh kts diagnostic tool . I think bosh tool, reset function adaptation does not work. I have to try another diagnostic tool

If I switch places to injectors misfiring move to different cylinder . For example I have misfire on nr 2 . I swap 2 to 4 then misfiring move to cylinder 1 .:rage: If I change one injector with old one it gets worse. By changing injectors, I get faults on 1.2 and 4 cylinders. I tried to drive longer and wait ecu to change values of adaptation. But nothing changes in the end. The engine have 180,000 miles and was supposed to be rebuild last year. It's been rescheduled for autumn until I get all the parts. In about ten days I have to travel a little further to the warmer part of Europe. I'm a little worried.

Is there anything else I can check or replace ?

2. Charlie Howard

Charlie Howard RSM Club Member

Could it be one injector using too much fuel? I think the 225 rail has the fuel coming from from the left instead of the middle right? So the last cylinder which is cylinder 1 already gets less fuel, it's an issue on these.

3. Yes . Cylinder 1 technically gets less fuel. Cylinder 4 more fuel. Cylinder 1 works at a higher temperature and therefore deteriorates earlier. It first occurred to me.
    Problem is that compression is ok on the first cylinder.

First the problem occurred on the fourth cylinder. When I switched the fourth and third injector misfiring moved to the second cylinder .
    I don't think the ECU has any idea which cylinder is breaking.
    Diagnostics work pretty badly on old Ren cars and has limited possibilities