Misfire

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by Alex_225, Feb 18, 2014.

1. Well as the title suggests, it seems me 225s engine has a misfire on cylinder 2.

The only reason I know this is from scanning the ECU using that Torque app as you'd never know there was a problem when driving it. Doesn't sound funny and no symptoms when driving.

Any ideas what it could be?

2. Liquidf1

Liquidf1 Forum Trader

Leave the car on idle alex do you hear a popping and chuffing noise from the exhaust on idle, basically it doesn't sound smooth or even.

3. I'll have to give it a listen although I had the car running on Sunday while I was shining the tyres and I certainly didn't notice anything.

4. Liquidf1

Liquidf1 Forum Trader

5. Thank you mate I will do.

What are the likely causes, coil pack, spark plug?

6. Liquidf1

Liquidf1 Forum Trader

Normally injectors Alex most megane's I see need them doing, even low mileage R's I have done. With the service history you have with the car Alex I seriously doubt it's plugs.

7. Are you on the brown or blue injectors?

Should be able to see the coloured band on them through the engine bay.

8. What difference does the colour of the injectors make?

9. The brown ones are old ones before Renault revised them to the blue ones.

The brown were notorious for misfire problems.

You should only find them in older 225 ph1's, ph2's and R26's will have come with the revised blue injectors.

10. Liquidf1

Liquidf1 Forum Trader

There all prone to missfires problems brown or blue.

11. Yes, but the brown ones were more so.

12. Liquidf1

Liquidf1 Forum Trader

How do you know this James? Im genuinely intrigued not starting an argument. I have had both types cleaned various times and certainly haven't noticed a trend with the brown tagged ones. I think it's just down to the fact the brown ones are attached to 225s which inherently makes them older and more clogged.

13. Otherwise Renault wouldn't have changed them for no reason and we would all still be on the brown ones.

14. Liquidf1

Liquidf1 Forum Trader

Well the cc's are identical and so is everything else on the injector front, funnily enough the deka code is the same on both aswell.

15. Thanks for the info guys, any idea roughly how much injectors are to replace?

Exhaust doesn't sound like that video by the way.

16. About £40 each i think.

Ads@Renault is your best bet.

17. Thanks mate. :smile:

18. Or PM LiquidF1 above; he operates an injector refurbishment service, and can post you the replacements or fit them for you if you drive to him..! It's cheaper than buying a replacement set too!!!

19. Could be an old fault code thats been repaired/replaced and not had the fault cleared, try clearing the fault and see if it returns

20. Did that I'm afraid, cleared the fault hoping that was exactly it and scanned it a day or so later and got the same error. :worried: