Misfire, no power HELP!

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by dansx, Aug 8, 2014.

1. Casual friday drive home from work, goes to pull away from the lights half way home then no power car is just juddering engine management light is flashing so i park up, call my trusty green flag man, 1 hour later he arrives, stick it on the diagnostics and up throws up these two error codes.
    va4e4ane.jpg

Anybody any ideas what it could be, the guy tried a new coil on cylinder 4 but no joy

So open to suggestion i was thinking injectors as i dont think theyve been changed and it has been coughing for a while car is on just short of 40k

Thanks in advance!

2. Sparks or coils

3. Have you changed spark plugs at 37,5 miles?

4. Ive had the car since 32k miles and ive havent done them but doubt theyve been done before that either.

5. MicKPM

MicKPM RSM Trader RSM Trader

Well at least you know which cylinder it is on so focus on the Ignition & Injection on that cylinder. If you had access to diagnostics you could move the coil and plug to different cylinders to see if the problem 'jumps' but it could be either an Injector, Coil or Plug at the minute.

6. Thanks for that dont have access to a diagnostics anymore but im going to try and get hold of a set of plugs and injectors today and hope that cures the problem.