225 Misfire help, tried the usual!!

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by Tobester, Mar 5, 2016.

1. Hi Everyone,

I have had my 225 for 4 months now and have been lurking on here ever since, I have an issue which am hoping you can help with!!

Car idles a little lumpy, and there is also the feeling of "holding back" on low rpm driving, as soon as throttle is increased and the turbo starts to spool it clears and accelerates as normal, it's just the misfire occurs at low throttle and in the "keeping up with traffic" zone, it's doing my head in.

I have had the ecu code read and it detected cylinder 1 misfire, having trouble clearing codes as i can't get the ignition to stay on, keyless entry setup, have tried sticking the card in the slot and holding start stop for 8 seconds and no ignition on? any ideas on that also?

So far as modifications all i have fitted is the induction kit listed on this forum and a recirc blank, i had replaced the coils with the Valeo green top ones and the plugs for some factor items, but since reading posts on this forum have reinstated the beru ones and installed genuine spark plugs.

The misfire occurs with either coil packs, and old/new plugs.

I have removed my injectors and had them tested for flow, even across the board except one which was around 8% down on the others at full chat (4bar pressure and 6000rpm simulated speed) all spray patterns seem nice, had them cleaned either way, would that 8% produce my problem?

As a side note my local garage offered to fix it for me for a fiver, but they stated it would involve matches and a can of fuel (they're ford fans).

Could anyone provide any ideas? Could i have fucked my engine by fitting an air filter and not mapping it? Could i have disturbed some wiring in the loom when moving the ECU, i had read on here that someone broke a wire and it wouldn't start?

I'll be honest i'm getting really annoyed with it.

All/any ideas appreciated.

Thanks in advance

2. An air filter and not mapping it in wouldn't cause any problems like that.
    You seem to have done the usual culprits of injectors, coil packs and spark plugs.
    The green top valeo coils aren't too bad to be honest just the connector to the spark plug is a bit flimsy so you have to make sure the connection is proper.
    Spark plugs should only be oem or better.

Almost 10% difference between injectors could cause a bit of an issue, but I doubt it at low rpm.

Have you checked the lambda sensors? As if there on their way out they can cause issues with no fault codes.
    It will be the pre cat lambda sensor if there's an issue most likely.
    You could always change it for a cheapo one (circa 20 quid, oem are around 80 I think).
    Or if your garage friends can check the response rate etc etc with their equipment? I'd go with whatever's cheaper!

3. Coil clamps?

4. Hi All

I have a 2011 Megane RS 250 and have been experiencing a similar problem. It went in for a major service about a month ago and before the service I was experiencing the following:
    1) Shuddering when idling
    2) Cylinder 4 misfires
    3) When driving the engine light would come on.
    4) Eventually the Check ESP message and the spanner light comes on. At this point the drive is very rough.
    5) When putting my foot down when in 5th or 6th at low RPM (below 2000), the car misfires.

After the service it was fine so thought that this sorted out the problem as the plugs would have been replaced but the problem is now back.

Has anyone experienced this and know how to resolve this?