250 Misfire during warm up

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by soulblade, Sep 10, 2014.

1. Ok.. I've got another problem..
    The car has got the new OEM spark plugs, Cambelt, water pump and alternator belt.

When I leave the car for a day at home and start it up after I come back from work in the evening, the car has the misfire and exhaust coughing during warming up. I rev it up but it just doesnt go away.

The idle rpm will be jumping and unstable.

What could have caused this?
    Foul coolant temp sensor?
    Bad coils?
    Bad injectors?

The engine will run fine at optimal temperature..

Help!

2. This seems pretty common lately, think it will be down to bad injectors (needing to be cleaned). I have the same issue... :worried:

3. Had the same problem with another F4RT engine (not with my RS250). Turned out to be nothing serious, most likely some contamination in the injector(s). The problem sorted itself after some time. Problem wasn't there with the engine up to temperature, only when still below operating temperature and starting to produce positive boostpressure. I did run with a high concentration of injector cleaner for a full tank, but I don't know if that helped or not.. Probably not :wink:

The stuttering/misfiring seems to be pretty common with the Meganes, at least with the Megane II.

4. Hmm..
    I see..
    Did u replace with the new injectors?
    I might end up replacing the injectors also if cleaning does not help..
    Do u know the manufacturer's part number of the injectors? Is it Bosch?

5. Have you had the cambelt rechecked because if its only done since the cambelt service then the timing out

6. ^ this.

more importantly.. where did you get the work done. ?!!

7. I had the work done at Renault Service..

8. Ok so I figured out that if I leave the car for more than 15 ~ 18 hours, this idling problem happens...

9. Extract the sparkplugs...look into the cylinders. I bet there will be water in one of it.

10. Why are you messing about, take it back to where you had the work done