Misfire - continuing after new injector

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by EddJCR, Jun 17, 2016.

1. My 225 was misfiring. Diagnostics came up with cylinder 2.

So, the coil was swapped to a different cylinder.

Misfire was still on cylinder 2, the injectors from 2 and 4 were changed.

Misfire was then on cylinder 4.

I bought a new injector from Renault parts direct and I'm still getting this fault. On the 50 miles I've driven it so far, the fault has been no where near as frequent but still there. The car feels a lot better and smoother to drive too.

My mechanic has said we'll swap that injector over to a different cylinder to see if the new injector is faulty.

Any other ideas what could cause this?

The fault has flashed up twice so far in arpund 50 miles and it was in exactly the same part of the road, in the same dip at the same speed.

Any help or further advice would be great. Because although it now feels good to drive, the flashing EML and fault still existing is rather annoying.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

2. Any help on this? The only thing I can think of is if the injector is faulty but I haven't been back to the garage yet for further investigation/swapping the injector to a different cylinder to see if the fault follows the injector.

3. I'd change all the injectors at once to be honest.

The issue with the same bit of road is most likely that you drive it the exact same way (on-throttle, off-throttle etc.)

4. Would that make any difference though? The one that kept bringing the fault up was changed, but it's still coming up with the new injector. Obviously on the same cylinder.

Going to take it back tomorrow and get it plugged back in to see what it says. Last night when driving home, the engine light was flashing and then I couldn't accelerate, this happened for about 2 miles. It was fine the drive at a constant speed, but when I tried to accelerate it wouldn't do so and had a bad vibration. After those 2 miles though, the light went off, the fault cleared and it was driving absolutely fine.