Misfire but no engine light

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by GregoryMark, Aug 8, 2013.

1. Hi Everyone

I have a misfire problem with my meg sport 225, when its cold on start up there is no misfire but when i lightly press the accelerator it starts to misfire. i have replaced injectors, plugs and coils but still have a misfire. i eventually got a can clip tool and hooked it up to the car. i received the following, Injector 1 - 4 circuit faulty, Coil 1 - 4 Circuit Faulty, Inlet manifold sensor circuit Faulty. basically a lot of circuit faults.

Please help i am pulling out my hair, and don't what to sell the car as i am in luv with it.

Greg

2. Does it only missfire when cold?

3. No when its cold it idles fine, until i hit the gas then it will mis. When its hot you can hear the misfire with out accelerating.

4. Is your fuel pump ok? That would cause misfire codes if its not able to supply enough fuel.

5. How can i test the fuel pump? where does the fuel filter sit? and when i remove the plastic cover under the back seat i see there is two pipes running from the tank but on the fuel rail i can only see one, does it have a return line?
    but what worries me is the circuit faults i am getting, stating that there is a fault on 12+ circuit.

6. here is the full description i get: Open circuit or short circuit to +12 volts, Short circuit to earth

7. What is your short and long term fuel trim sitting at?
    any data logging info been done and could share with everyone?

so a open/short on a 12v circuit. Maybe a noid light to check pwm signal to the injectors and coils?

8. This sounds like the fuel pump on its way out, mines in at Mark Black's at the moment he's pretty much replaced everything and has come to the conclusion its a fuel pump issue.

9. Markblack@MRS

Markblack@MRS RSM Trader

As soon as the pump turns up I will have an answer,
    Renault and back order

10. Mine was doin this only I had the dreaded flashing management light along with misfire cyl 4. I removed the injector rail took injectors out, replaced seals & now all is fine.
    Lee

11. you are lucky its only the injector, Lee. I checked all wiring with a multimeter and found no faults the only thing that gave me no read out is the Oxygen sensor next to the turbo. i am going to replace that sensor and the temp sensor. will see what the car does after that.

Also another thing i have noticed this morning was that there is a slight backfire from the air filter side. is that not caused by over fueling?

12. Take your lambda 2 sensor out & swap it with lambda 1 to see if It cures it. I would expect the management light to come on with a fault.
    Lee.

13. Ok I just finished changing the top one and the car idles better and if i lightly touch the accelerator there is no misfire but the minute i press it hard then the misfire happens.

14. Thanks Lee and Steve, i ended up replacing the temp (Coolant and Air) sensor, map sensor both o2 sensors and the knock sensor, as well as all of the relays engine bay and cabin. some how that sorted the car out no more misfire and a lot smoother.

your advice really helped. Thanks.