265 Milltek Exhaust...

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by OiNK, Nov 13, 2013.

1. Hi,

Anyone on here have a milltek catback fitted to their 265?

First and most important question does it drone on the motorway?

Secondly, does it pop and bang anymore than standard system?

I would love a little more throatiness, and a few more pops and bangs. Would love to hear from someone with one fitted.

Thanks

2. Get the mid box cut out, abit more throatier, not too loud or drowny, and pops n crackles, had mine done the other week. Love it

3. Does doing that not make it really crackly? I don't really want that as such, just a bit more throaty and a deeper pop and bang off it.

Is there any power loss with the mid box chop?

4. Any videos of a 265 with mid box chop on sport mode?

5. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Mine sounds better with a mid box chop than a mates with a 3" catback

6. I had as similar concern about chopping my 250 midbox.....do it ... You wont be disappointed . a bit more throaty in normal mode with the odd pop and bang..... But in sport mode you get lots of pops and bangs.... No loss ( or increase ) of power = win

7. Thanks guys, any videos of one revving in sport and non sport mode? Would love to hear one.

8. tbf they sound crackly in the vids on you tube, alot different in real life. alot cheaper aswel compared to spending £572 on a exhaust.

i also found the turbo feels to spool up quicker, but that might b a placebo

9. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

There's a video on my YouTube page.

YouTube.com/zsjamie

10. im in the middle of trying to get mine done,
    just want abit more noise than engine sound, just struggling to find out if its a stock part or any body got any links to pre fab item all dolled out for spec/weld.

or is it take a standard zort pipe to local fabricators and ask to make it this big lol

cheers jay

11. Just take it to a zorst place and they will cut out and make and fit pipe to weld in.

12. I have a Milltek and I removed the centre box before hand.
    I found with the box removed it made it sound a lot better and it popped and banged a lot more, but with the milltek it makes it a much deeper sound and the pops and bangs do not seem as loud but they are still there, and you get no drone at all from the exhaust on the motorway you would not even know it had a cat back on unless you put the engine under load.
    If you have the money for the Milltek it fits perfect and sounds great and I don't think you will regret it, but if you want to save the centre box chop is a cheap way for a lot better than standard sound.
    if you can do it yourself should only cost about £20

13. Anyone in or around Nottingham have just the box chop?

14. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Is yours the non res Miltek?

15. Yes, I thought that was all they did anyway?

16. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

The do a resonated version as well.

Was contemplating a 3" catback but think I'm just going to stick with the stock system minus the mid box which i already have and a Decat.

17. I myself has the Milltek non-resonated version catback in combination with the MSRN119 downpipe, you'll get that drone noise on the highway! It's not nice for an everyday car... i can know!