Mid Section Delete

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by davejh, Oct 24, 2019.

1. Hi all,

Pick up my RS250 tomorrow and have just ordered a mid-section delete pipe. Has anyone fitted one of these before themselves? I am wondering what tool you used? I have an angle grinder but am loathed to start using that in a confined space under the car. I was thinking of buying a pipe cutter and doing it that way, is there enough room to get it all the way round the pipe?

Thanks, Dave.

2. Would not have wasted my money in the 1st place, custom exhaust center will only charge you about £50 for pipe and fitting

3. Thanks for the help.

4. As I mentioned in your other thread I used a pipe cutter and was a 10 minute job.
    I spoke to a few exhaust places near me and they all wanted more than £50 to do the job.
    Might be worthwhile asking a garage to cut and fit the pipe for you for £10-20?

5. Mine was about £70. You can DIY but by the time you've faffed about doing it you may feel £70 would have been a better option

6. Fitted it today, took me about 20 mins to do it in the end. Went round to a local garage but he wanted £40 (half hours labour) to fit it. Bought an exhaust pipe cutter from Amazon for £20, stuck the car up on my ramps and did it. Sounds lovely now, thanks all.

Gareth likes this.
  7. Finally got round to getting this done. £50 well spent.

Sounds great, especially with a press of the RS button.

Gareth likes this.
  8. Anyone can recommend an exhaust center to do this near Stratford upon Avon? Thanks

9. I took mine to Mr tyre in Redditch

10. Were you happy with the work and do you mind me asking how much it cost?
    Thanks

11. Work was all good, as far as I could tell, can not remember the cost, might have been £80+

12. Thanks!