Mid box

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by glenn, Sep 22, 2014.

1. Getting my mid box removed as we speak on my 250 but mechanic is fitting mild steel tube not stainless is this ok ??

2. In terms of it working yeah should be fine, BUT it will rust like the rest of the system as it's mild steel not stainless.

3. Cool cheers m8, should last a good while anyway.. looking forward to more pop's

4. yer same as the rest of the system will be fine

let us know what its like!

5. It makes the car sound as it should. Have had my car for 2yrs and can't believe I've only done this now it's great
    ,,pa pa pow lol

6. Good stuff.

whats it like cruising any louder?
    pop much more?

7. Getting mine done tomorrow, after work at 6PM I'll be picking it up and defiantly going for a drive :smiley:

8. Normal cruising is same as ever maybe slightly nicer deeper tone , it's when in particular 2nd and let foot of pedal and it snap crackles &pops

9. If you feather the throttle in 1st and second at low speeds near bus stops you can also scare old ladies

my 2 girls love it

11. Just paid the bill and was £118 steep I reckon,ouch...

12. :O Yes pretty steep, I was quoted £60, took it in this morning, and got a phone call later telling me they can't do it for that price because I have a stainless steel exhaust and they though I had cast iron(or mild steel can't remember), and told me they wanted £100!!!
    Thanks for that Chuch Hill Motors in Cheam... great time wasting exercise, wish I could find a decent local place that could do all jobs, MOT's ect..

Anyway I booked in at long life for £80, they supply the stainless steel pipe

13. My pipe is just mild steel, clamps and spot welds as they said stainless would be to hard to manipulate around the rest of system.

14. The standard system is a low grade stainless so what i was told. The section used on mine was stainless, just flared both ends, clamped the one end and welded the back end.

15. 50 or 60 quid max.......find a longlife centre local to you

16. £65 for mine last year

17. I paid a steep price £90 for backbox chop at mij exhausts in Walsall

18. Dam feel robbed, never heard of them but after looking there is one on me doorstep

19. My local Longlife centre quoted me £160. Needless to say I haven't had it done.

20. Birchy that makes me feel better