Mid box delete

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by harpo, Aug 20, 2013.

1. Debating getting mine done, how's the noise when cruising up the motorway?

2. I thinks it's fine. The Mrs is fussy and wasn't impressed with me trying to make the exhaust louder but she hasn't complained about the noise at all. Just said what was the pop ping noise a few times before the penny dropped. It's not super loud like a scobbie or an Ford RS but does to me sound a bit better suited noise wise to the cars performance as the original exhaust note was pretty unless taken to the red line and popping that way. Will only pop now on red line and overrun. Cruising around etc a little louder but not hugely so. Still the next 70 I've spent on a car so far

3. Plenty of sound bites on you tube to get an idea of the sound, popping and burbling.

4. I spoke to them today and am going to take it in next week. He said he was happy with yours!

5. Yes he did a good job and way cheaper than a new exhaust. I think delete the mid and back box would leave it very loud so the middle one seems sensible. He agreed and thought it might be overkill. Still the option exists if need be.

6. Im tempted to chop the centre silencer on the trophy. However, the car has already been mapped at RS tuning, would chopping the silencer out now cause any problems or flat spots?

Dont nut really want to make the map a waste of money and have to get it done again