225 Mid box chop

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by Cavell07, Aug 30, 2015.

1. Hey guys.

Been thinking about doing this on the Meg but before I go through with it just wondering of anybody has done theirs and what sort of difference its made (sound etc).

Cheers
    Paul

2. Loads have done it, it will pop and crackle a lot more, you'll lose the whistle if you remove mid box so if you like that remove the rear box instead

3. 2bh not overly bothered about the whistle. Got a dump valve going on anyway so it'll make up for that :wink:.

Was just wondering if it was much louder doing it and if its worth doing.

4. Well worth the £50

5. I've just done it. Slightly louder and deeper. No pops and bangs for me yet. Decat will give me that...

6. Mine used to crackle like mad

7. I have mid box chop on mine, sounds real nice now, its not over the top. This is on a custom 2.75" exhaust, It retains its rear box still.

8. ianplymouth

ianplymouth RSM Club Member

i don@t have any box's in mine, but do have the cat still, noise tested at Oulton park and was only 95db :cool:

9. Any sound clips of the boxes being removed?
    Id like more pops & bangs :wink:
    Currently running KTR downpipe & cat back.

10. Just done mine. Just sounds like it should. Its now got that turbo burble on idle. Also sounds much more aggressive when you boot it! Its hard to hear how much better it sounds with a phone video tho.