250 Mid Box Chop & Trackdays

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by Birchy, Oct 26, 2014.

1. Hi guys,

I'm after getting a mid box chop on my 250 but as I also wanted to do track days I'm hesitant to get this done due to noise limits on track.

Has anyone else had a mid box chop (otherwise standard exhaust) in a 250 and done a track day? Any issues with noise limits?

Cheers

2. You will have no problem with that, I have done Bedford in my 250 with Milltek cat back and it is fine.

3. I've seen 172s with straight through pipes pass the noise tests, with the turbo in the way and the cat + back box intact.... wouldn't worry at all.

4. Yup, you'll have no worries.

5. Looking at getting the same done in November at long life in Basingstoke so glad to hear. I had a full decat milltek on my old r26 and that was fine art Bedford.

6. Cheers lads! :smile:

7. p.s. videos when it's done plz :smile: enough of them and I might end up convinced/forced to follow suit :smiley:

8. Deal. Any excuse for a video.

9. I'm keen to see the video aswel, although I quite like the whistle/jet like noise off the OEM center section

10. Booked in for Friday. Video to follow.

11. Cheers for the video. Got mine booked in for a week today, looking forward to it. The guy at the exhaust place couldn't believe the size of the silencer!

12. Yeah it's quite large!

13. Are you pleased with it mate?

14. Well chuffed mate. Everyone should have it done.

15. Brilliant glad to hear mate. Booking the car in for next month now.

16. Sounds good, nice crack off it! Does it's still make the whistle noise or is it totally gone?

17. When I first heard the crack the first thing out of my mouth was "shots fired!" Sounds awesome. As for the whistle sound, it's still there but quieter. It's been overtaken by a nice gruff sound under acceleration.

18. Gruff is good

19. I can imagine the 265's are mad with the centre box out

My 265 in sport mode pops loads more than that and ive got a std system!

20. No need to imagine it. Get it done. :smile:

21. Where'd you get it done?

22. A Longlife place close to me near Ipswich.