Mercury Silver R26

Discussion in 'Megane Projects' started by D2VOO, Dec 31, 2013.

1. This is going to be copy & pasted from a different forum so if it doesn't make sense I apologise lol.

10/7/12

Just thought i'd whack this up on here incase anyones intrested, I used to own this...

[​IMG]

It was good fun but ridiculous as a daily. So sold up and decided to get my new toy...

[​IMG]

Sorry about the crap iphone picture.

I travelled to Leeds from North Wales for it and im so glad i did.

08 plate, 55k miles, FRSH, Lux Pack, Parrot Handsfree kit, Just been serviced and had all the wheels refurbed as part of the deal I made with the garage.

17/7/12

First few little mods...

Replaced all the interior lights with LEDs

[​IMG]

Fitted my headunit from the Saxo

[​IMG]

Debadged and new plain numberplates

[​IMG]

Nice aerial to replace the crappy beesting that was on it

[​IMG]

The remaining plans for it are:
    R26R Spoiler
    Silver mirror caps
    H&R lowering springs
    Midbox chop
    Panel filter
    Shortshift gear linkage

7/8/12

I've had my midbox cut out on the Meg today, Its not much louder when cruising but loud enough when I've got my foot down to put a smile on my face. Pops and burbles now too...

[​IMG]

I also have some extra plans:

Spacers all round.
    3" exhaust tips, but i'm not sure what style i want. Straight cut/Rolled in/Slash cut.
    DS2500 brake pads.

1/9/12

Got my R26.R spoiler sprayed and fitted yesterday by a friends dad for £60. Bargain considering how much of a ball ache the standard ones are to get off aswell. Makes a huge difference to the side profile of the car, it doesn't look so cut off at the rear now if that makes sense?

[​IMG]

Also removed the Renault Sport badge.

2. 26/11/12

Right, so the car hasnt been handling as well as it should for about a month now. So I took it to get the tracking checked,

[​IMG]

As suspected it was miles out, £25 later it was about 80% of where it needed to be. I put the last 20% down to the tyres being almost on the limit so i bought 2 235/40 18 Continental SportContact 5Ps which get very good reviews on meganesport.

[​IMG]

My nephew found them and was using them like a wall of death for his toy cars haha.

The car is coming upto 60k now so i bought some service parts, Oil, Oil filter, Pollen Filter as its probably never been changed. I plan on getting an induction kit and thats why I didnt bother with the air filter for now. Hopefully the car will be back to perfect after the tyres have been fitted and its had a nice service.

Finally, i've paid a deposit on a stage 1 map at RSTuning because of the awesome price thats been sorted as a group buy. £294 all in and it should increase power and torque a fair bit, to say i'm excited is an understatement haha.

20/12/12

[​IMG]

Box of bits that turned up today.

ITG induction kit
    Forge recirculation valve
    Samco induction hose
    Samco boost hose

I wanted these before it gets mapped on the 7th Jan so i know everything is as good as it could be with regards to the map.

31/12/12

Today i got the ITG Induction kit, Forge Recirc and Samco hoses fitted, I have pictures but photobucket is playing up on my phone so will add them later/tomorrow. It now sounds incredible, exactly how it should have from the factory. It seems to pull alot harder all the way through the revs now aswell without the restrictive airbox and the Forge recirc fitted.

Got the oil and oil filter changed too to complete the 60k service.

Also this is why you're supposed to change the pollen filter every 15k...

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 31, 2013
  3. More to come.....

4. More to come..

5. More to come....

6. More to come.

7. Looking good :smile:

8. 7/1/13

Today was remap day. Nice early start leaving mine at 6:10am. Picked my mate up and set off. Stopped for a Maccies breakfast as you do. Took the wrong turn and got stuck in traffic on the m62 for 40 mins. Still managed to get to leeds with 5 mins to spare though haha. As soon as i got there the keys were taken off me and the meg was put on the dyno. First run, 227bhp. I was a little bit dissapointed with this figure since I have the ITG induction kit fitted I was expecting a little bit more than standard power. 30-40 mins later, the computer screen was showing 266bhp. This is a figure I was happy with haha. 39bhp for the £294 remap cost is epic.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Driving it, there is a massssiveee difference. In 6th, it now pulls like it used to in 4th. Im over the moon with it.

21/1/13

So today the Meg got dewipered... Winter is probably the worst time to do this but oh well, it looks tons better imo.

[​IMG]

Also fitted some led number plate bulbs.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Yes i know the car is filthy, but quite frankly, there isn't any point at all cleaning it with the weather we have atm.

19/3/13

Happy boy this morning...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Getting them fitted on Monday.

The car is going into Reno-Tech after they looked at it and found alot of play in one of the struts... Hopefully it'll be sorted and handling better than ever

9. 25/3/13

2x Top mounts, 2x Struts, a TRE and fitted the Cooksport springs to replace one which had snapped.

Ride is a little bit harsh compared to standard but it gets rid of the bodyroll which is awesome!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15/4/13

MOT today, Flew through it. No advisories at all. Well happy!

I knew it needed a brake bulb sorting before it even went in so i let him know and he sorted that out for me, also got him to fit some new exhaust mounts on the rear because mine had broken.

After it passed its MOT with no problems i was in the mood to sort out some other little bits that had been annoying me. The drivers side window had stopped working about a week ago after jetwashing the car, so took the doorcard off, dried everything out, sealed it all so hopefully it shouldn't happen again, also duct taped over the holes where the side stripes are attached to hopefully stop water getting in again when i'm washing it. Next was the undertray, it had come loose some how and was making a hell of a noise, just reattached it and its fine now.

16/4/13

[​IMG]

These turned up today, a few people have fitted 130w bulbs and had no problems so hopefully it'll be fine for me, knowing my luck though it'll burn the wires out in less than a week.

10. 12/5/13

[​IMG]

£9 well spent!

Its the little things that make the difference after all.

20/5/13

2zgt6k6.jpg

Picture someone took at the Megsport/vxrowners meet yesterday, so glad I cleaned it before I went now haha.

I bought some Jon Seal Spacers this morning too :smiley:

31/5/13

Fitted some spacers the other day, sheered my locking nut key in the process lol. Awful pics but you get the idea...

image-37.jpg

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

11. Looks brilliant mate keep it comming

12. 2/7/13

I bought a set of refurbed hubs from Markblack. Mine had siezed pretty badly.

[​IMG]

26/11/13

I bought a set of 4 Uniroyal Rainsport2s to replace my currently on the limit Continental mismatch. I decided to go for 225/40/18 instead of the 235/40/18 I have at the moment and it almost halved the cost for a set, I just hope theres not a massive difference in performance... Its also quite scary how quickly my nephew is growing up...

[​IMG]

31/12/13

[​IMG]

Another expensive month...

11L of Fuchs Titan Supersyn 5w-40, 2L of Fuchs Titan Sintofluid SAE 75w-80, 2L of Gulf Racing Brake Fluid Dot 5.1, Top mount, lower stabiliser bar and gearbox mount, Spark plugs, Oil filter and sump washer, New wipers, New keycard battery, 2 engine cover bungs and a Set of DS2500s off a mate that have been hardly used.

13. Is that a brand new bullet you got for £9?

14. Nahh, it came off someone on Meganesport, cant remember who though lol.

15. Ahh right! Looks like new lol. Your car is looking good mate you'll feel a big difference with the refurbished hubs fitted.

16. Great thread but why another top mount after 9 months, cook sports causing a failure?

17. Sorry I didnt make it clear. Top engine mount, It was the suspension top mounts that were replaced with the cooksports.

18. Looks brilliant mate, really like the silver R26 & 250 for that matter.

19. Where did you get your LED interior lights and number plate bulbs from mate? I have a few on previous cars but are never as bright as yours!

20. I got them from a mate, I can find out for you if you like?

21. Cracking looking motor, look great in silver

22. If you don't mind mate, tried a few of ebay etc before and they're never particularly bright

23. [​IMG]

Andrewjeffs short shift turned up today. Going to attempt to fit it tomorrow when it gets its service and the new engine mounts fitted!

24. Great read and a lovely car! Coming along well! :smile:

25. Its had its service now and the short shift fitted. It does really make a massive difference lol.

Belt change, Water pump, Clutch, Flywheel and slave cylinder will be the next big thing courtesy of Mr Black.

26. You decided against selling up then?

This car was one of the parts managers demonstrator when i worked for AC.

Looks really good.

27. Yeah, I'm just going to chuck more money at sorting it and hope it gets to where I want it to be soon lol. I've done all my plans now bar exhaust/exhaust tips so i'll be happy when belts and clutch are done i'd imagine. Saying that though my mate has just bought a 306bhp atw Edition 30, so might have to spend some money trying to keep up with him lol

28. He'll struggle to keep up with you on the twisty bits! Nice car mate, love a silver R26

29. Its far from standard and he's mental, otherwise i'd have agreed with you lol.

KW V3 coilovers, Quaife LSD, Tarox 6 pots, the list goes on... haha.

30. Was it bought from Russ at MCC by any chance?

31. I can find out... I was told the guy had one of his legs blown off in the Army or something and told a story about how he used a crutch to test out the Launch control if this is the same guy? lol.

32. That's mental!

33. [​IMG]

This can go one of two ways. Nice warm butt when it goes up in flames, or a nice warm butt because it works perfectly. Im aiming for the latter.

Going to have a look at fitting at the weekend with a mate but it'll be weather dependant.

34. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Considering how useless I generally am i'm quite happy with the progress i've made so far. Top of passenger is now complete, all the tilt/adjustment still works too which is a bonus! :tongueout:

35. car looking great mate. always thought these looked smart in silver.

36. Cheers dude. No where near as clean as yours though lol.

37. Before...
    [​IMG]

After...
    [​IMG]

They got my mates seal of approval...
    [​IMG]

Completed seat, you cant even tell they're there and nothing is broken. Win!
    [​IMG]

38. I managed to do the drivers side seat today. It only took me 2 hours to complete aswell which i'm happy about, it took me about that long to get the passenger seat out and remove the back cover lol!

Both complete...
    [​IMG]

After struggling for ages and giving up, then getting my mate to do it. I had to come up with a plan for pulling the cover tight enough to get it over the clips that hold it in place. This worked pretty well...
    [​IMG]

Also run the wires and mounted the switches before the seats went back in, Only job left now is to give them power which is a job for my mate.

[​IMG]

39. Nice job!!

40. Thank you. Hopefully going to get power to them at some point this week/next weekend. Hopefully they all work properly because I dont fancy taking them apart again lol!