R26 Meglio issues, check injection & limp mode

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by hepp997, Jul 4, 2018.

1. Hi lads,

Had issues with the meg engine in my clio ever since it was finished - misfiring, coughing and just generally running crap. Had the map on the ECU checked a few weeks back and found out that it was mapped for 630 injectors rather than standard, so it was flashed back to stock and the car seemed fixed.

The car has been running without a glitch for around 2 weeks, then one day I randomly get a "Check Injection" message on the dash and the car goes into limp mode. Turn it off for a bit, restart and it seems back to normal. Then within 10 minutes its back on. No warning lights, no codes stored either. Doesn't seem to matter how I'm driving, it'll come on more or less 10 minutes into any journey.

Up until getting the ecu checked I'd done all the usual; injectors cleaned, new fuel pump, new plugs, new coils etc. Only thing I've done since is get the aircon regassed and changed the air intake and battery setup.

Anyone any ideas? I'll plug clip in tomorrow to see what it says, but its booked in for mapping in less than 2 weeks so need it sorting asap.....

Thanks chaps
    Ali

2. Pissing in the wind without knowing what the codes are.

hepp997 likes this.
  3. Fuel trim? Intelligent ECU might have learnt an incorrect fuel trim for itself after mapping back from 630cc injectors?

4. Had it plugged into clip, only fault I'm getting on injection is as below: Screen Shot 2018-05-16 at 19.10.56.png

Having said that, that was present before the ecu was flashed back to stock, and apparently lots of meg conversions have that come up but its nothing to worry about....

5. Yeah and when i drove home from efi the car was playing up like it is now. The day after that it was sound and never missed a beat for 2/3 weeks, up until now and its started doing it again

6. Are there any CLIP gurus out there who could lend a hand? I'm still having this issue, plug the car in and there's no faults what so ever that I can see. It's ok for about a week after I've had it plugged in, then starts playing up again....

7. I had the same problems, finally cured by map sensor, throttle position sensor, N75 valve, and fixing 3 holes in Boost pipe, loose pipe on intercooler, and many other faults, too numerous to list!!.Overheating solved by fitting fan the right way around!!. Clip should show you the problems. So much bad workman ship on mine, SO, would you take it for granted, when it is written in the service history, no receipts, no paperwork what so ever, Belts done?. Me neither, so belts, water pump will be done in winter, with the paperwork to prove!!.These conversions are fantastic when they are done well, so stick with it, its well worth it in the end.

8. But that's my issue, CLIP isn't showing me anything, there's nothing coming up to indicate an injection fault. I know Check Injection can be caused by 101 things, but I'm a bit stumped by this as I've nothing to go off