R26 Megane's needed for Exhaust Dyno Development Day in May

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by mark-whybee, May 9, 2014.

• Hi, I work for a company who is currently developing a new exhaust system for the Megane 225/230 in conjunction with Scorpion Exhausts. We are the company behind the very successful RS192 exhaust for the Clio 182, which is the most popular aftermarket system for the Clio.

We want to use this experience and expertise to development a really good system for the Megane.

We currently have a Scorpion prototype system fitted to our Megane F1 230 model and it is performing very well.

We need some Megane 225 and 230, standard and modified, for a dyno day at Dyno Drive in Warrington, who have a state of the art dyno facility. It's where Audi filmed the R8 advert!

It will be on a Saturday morning, May 24th . Cost just £20 per car (usual price is £75) so an absolute bargain!!

It will consist of 3 power runs per Megane so won't take long and you don't have to stay all morning.

Please would you contact me on mark@whybee.co.uk if you are available, I need to know what car you have and the spec. I will also send you the booking information.

Thanks Mark​

1. So your asking to use our cars and we have to pay for it... Lol good luck

2. Unless the £20 includes a free exhaust of course.

3. ignore me....

4. Why do you need megane's for this?, unless as said exhausts are going to be fitted........and to pay for the privilege of helping your development, I'm out I'm afraid!

5. Err....no thanks. Power runs on any car with any other exhausts and tunes will prove what? Taking power runs with different mods and tuning maps and adding your exhausts would give you the results you are seeking?

6. Naith

Naith RSM Admin

Not entirely sure what this is all about. If you'd have said it's a simple RR day for £20 per car the reaction would have been entirely positive in sure.

Don't get me wrong I'd love to film the old girl on the same dyno as the Audi but the way this is offered is hardly enticing.

7. I am surprised by the bad reaction. I don't understand what the problem is? I have offered you guys a massively reduced dyno run at one of the best places in the country.

They charge £75 usually, you are paying just £20!! Absolute bargain!

It's just a chance to get some megane's together and see what power they make on the same dyno, chance for members to meet up and discuss their cars, etc.

There seems to be all sorts of power figures being branded around, so I thought it would be good to get some cars together on the same dyno on the same day.

8. well maybe I should have said that instead Naith, but you are right, that's what it is really, a simple dyno day for £20!

I will just be interested to see what power figures different mods make and what power standard cars are running.

9. It sounded like you wanted to try stuff on there cars and run em on the dyno, not just a dyno run between cars with different mods on, just post dyno day 3 runs, 20 quid a car.

10. Mark , what brand of dyno is it in the facility ?

11. Ah ok, maybe I didn't explain myself properly, I am sorry to everyone.

We won't be fitting any parts to anyone's car. It will just be a dyno run (3) per car exactly how the car arrives.

All I am interested in is the power figures between different cars that's all, as I am sure other people will be interested to!

Plus it's a bargain dyno day for anyone after a dyno run for their car on probably the best rollers in the country!

I have 4 booked on so far, so just email me to confirm your place thanks

12. I'm booked on .. Should be a nice meet / Dyno day

13. I'm also going along for this, seeing as it's 10 mins away from my house and I have the day off!

14. We have some great cars lined up already, still places free, does anyone else want to come along?

Absolute bargain price!!!

15. What time are we meeting up then ?

16. Where are you coming from John?

17. Just checked on the e-mails from Mark, it says the day starts at 9am.

18. Preston so about 45mins

Who else is booked on then ? Id better start getting the car clean lol

19. Lol yeah, perish the thought of it being dirty on the day! Cleaned mine on Sunday, but of course it has since rained :-/