Megane Trophy 300

Discussion in 'Megane Discussion' started by CraigCup-S, May 11, 2019.

1. Out of interest what has anyone set their 'Perso' to, what have you found best?

I fitted the shark-fin ariel at the weekend, looks a lot better than standard and coincidentally is exactly the same as fitted to my wife's Kadjar. Wasn't hard to fit, just a bit fiddly, possibly took an hour and £50. Well worth doing!

RobbieR likes this.
  2. Any photos mate? Keen to see it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Nope, but I’m planning to give it a clean at the weekend and will take some then!

RobbieR likes this.
  4. I finally gave it a clean last night and it was getting dark by the time I finished therefore could only take a quick photo this morning as I left for work. It’s still got dew on it but you get an idea….

IMG_5112.JPG

5. So, I’ve ticked over 5,000 miles in the last week, thought a quick update would be worthwhile.

It’s a good daily runner, quite mundane unless you are really giving it some.
    Covers the ground quicker than the Cup-S did.
    Not sure quite how the reviewers are picking up that it’s too firm. If anything I’d like it to be a little firmer, but that’s just my personal preference.
    The looks keep growing on me, I loved it to start with, but it’s even better the more I see it, so squat and purposeful.
    Infotainment can be a frustration, but it’s so much further ahead than the mk3 that I don’t really care.

Standard Potenza tyres are absolutely dreadful. They are reasonably good in the bone dry, but in all other circumstances the car struggles for traction. Fortunately I’m down to 2.2 / 2.4 at the front so will be changing all 4 to some Michelin’s.

In race mode on a dry day the car is very, very good, cornering quickly and just eats up anything thrown at it. That’s when the car comes to life, 9/10’s and full beans.
    The 4WS really comes into its own here and you can feel it working with the diff.

Steering could be better, and give more feedback as mentioned previously.

Despite most / some of the above being positive, I don’t think the car is particularly exciting most of the time. The mk3 had more to it, more of the time. Felt more special and more raw perhaps.
    I think the component parts in the mk4 are good, but, in all other modes than Race, which is when I think the package gels, they don’t quite go as well together as the package in the mk3 did.
    Couple this with the steering and the car feels a little numb at times.

Mpg is 27.6 I think.

I’m hoping a change of tyres might help improve things a touch when using the car normally, otherwise I’ll just drive everywhere in race mode........

7. How hard was it to remove/fit.
    Did you have to rip all the roof lining out ?
    I'd consider it but am also considering wrapping the roof, but aerial complicates things and wrap would be easier to apply with it temporarily removed.

8. Very easy to fit - just time consuming. You have to remove the right-hand side c-pillar trims to expose the old aerial cable and pull the headlining down a bit then remove the old aeriel & cable and then replace with the new one. Simple but fiddly. Other than the socket to remove the old aeriel and fit the new one its just fingers. If I can do it then you/anyone can.