Sponsored By:  

Megane track day...

Discussion in 'Track Days & Track Driving' started by neilrs, Nov 21, 2016.

1. Matt suggested it and, weirdly, I also thought the best kind of social would be a track day

Is there much interest? If so I can ask some friends that run track days if they can organise on our behalf, or if they have some dates we would get a large number of people to prebook a load of places on

Bedford is safe for anyone doing their first track day, central (ish?) and quite varied too - some twisty bits, some long straights

Any other location suggestions?

Anyone else interested?

git-r and ianplymouth like this.
  2. ianplymouth

ianplymouth RSM Club Member

Hi Neil
    I am interested in where ever gets chosen, Bedford is a good 4 hrs for me, but that's okay as i have been there before twice, I just need to book somewhere to stay at any location that get chosen.

Hopefully it won't be this year as i need to fit my replacement engine ready for next year :sunglasses:

3. Sounds like a good idea to me, we could probably get a group discount without having to book an exclusive Megane only day.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

4. I'm always up for track days if they fit with work.

Bedford is a great track and usually a bit cheaper than a racing circuit.

Please keep us posted :smile:

5. ianplymouth

Another one to try is Abingdon, it's another airfield, i have done this one and it was great, but no garages :disappointed:
    loads of run off except for one point.

6. I'll be up for this. Maybe even able to bring two other megs and a scooby if that's okay.

Bedford would be ideal for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Cool, seems there's some interest

I'm not sure how it works so will go and find out

8. Had a chat to Chris at Circuit Days and he suggested Silverstone GP layout as one of the best places to have a group get together and enjoy a challenging track

We could get it for £189 with 20+ cars on Monday 20th February

Who's interested?

If there's some willing, I'll get a discount code

9. I would be interested mate

10. Cool, shall we start a list?

1. neilrs
    2. big_pete

11. ianplymouth

Cool, shall we start a list?

1. neilrs
    2. big_pete
    3. Ianplymouth

12. Of course

13. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

I would but not at Silverstone.

Somewhere tighter, With some elevation would be more suited IMO. Cadwell or Oulton.

14. IM BOOKED ON THIS ALLREADY

15. Cadwell might be a challenge for people if they never been on track zero run off too

16. Having looked at the circuit, there's a lot to like at Silverstone

Good test of cornering speeds

17. ianplymouth

how did you manage that, it's not even on there web site, there's one for January 22nd

18. ianplymouth

Cadwell is about 6 1/2 hrs each way for me in good traffic :cry:

19. Put me down for Silverstone.
    I'll go to most tracks, I'm not a great fan of Cadwell, it's very tight and better suited to bikes.
    I've seen more track day accidents there than any other track - not a novices circuit.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

GeeR26R likes this.
  20. I can't commit until closer to the time but please put me down.

There's so many track heads here we should all keep each other posted on our track day diaries and something will soon happen :smile:

21. You can't go wrong with Oulton. Fast track, nice chicanes, good elevation changes and some fast flowing corners.

I'd be interested dependant on travel requirements etc

22. Count me in for Silverstone GP at less than £200, that's for sure. Would probably also do Bedford. Or Anglesey for that matter. Or Spa when the weather improves (on 21st July ;-))

23. 1. neilrs
    2. big_pete
    3. Ianplymouth
    4. Grantw
    5. Git-r
    6. Nickfrog

If we get to to ten, I'll ask for the code and then hope we get another 10 :smile:

24. 1. neilrs
    2. big_pete
    3. Ianplymouth
    4. Grantw
    5. Git-r
    6. Nickfrog
    7. Just-that-ek
    8. Just-that-ek

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

25. I am interested depends on where and when..

26. interested depending on location..

27. Just to be a bit clearer...

This is to get a list together for Silverstone, at £189, on Monday 20th February

If you are able to make that date then stick your name down and then I can ask for some codes

If you can't, or prefer other tracks etc - that's cool, just don't stick your name down :smile: I'm sure there will be others, but I wanted to try and get the ball rolling

odinson likes this.
  28. Count me in

Mattyt and ianplymouth like this.
  29. 1. neilrs
    2. big_pete
    3. Ianplymouth
    4. Grantw
    5. Git-r
    6. Nickfrog
    7. Just-that-ek
    8. Just-that-ek
    9. Lee in scunny. (I've decided to keep the Meg now)

30. That makes 10... I'll get the code ...

ianplymouth likes this.
  31. Neil. Thanks for doing this. For clarity, this is GP layout ? If so I should be able to get two more if a M3 E92 is OK and a Boxster. They are safe pedalers, we have been tracking together for a long time.

32. Yeah it's the GP

Chris is going to provide a code for 20 discounted places. It'll be first come first served - so those with their names down I'll PM, give a fixed time to pay and then if they don't book it, I'll stick the code on Megane groups on facebook or something

Bottom line - get names down and you'll receive a code

33. Cheers - I will take 3 places then - not sure if you can send 3 codes.

34. I could easily get others if needed

35. That would be great. I reckon having a few non Renaults thrown in would be good!

36. Cool, here's the plan then.....

On 5th December, the track day will be listed on Circuit Days' website

I'll get the code and I'll send it to the people who have added their names to the list. The code will be valid for £189 for the first 20 people to book using it and will be valid until 01/01/2017 so you'll need to book in December

The idea behind this was to have a good social event with a bunch of Meganes so if anyone has friends with Megs that want to come along, by all means do!

Equally, for those that have mates with other cars, if you want to share the code with them by all means do

Please bear in mind that this is a heavily discounted event - under £200 for Silverstone isn't really heard of. Therefore if anyone "abuses" this agreed discount by thinking they can get 5 mates together on a cheap track day and drive like heroes, Circuit Days will just eject you all from the event

I'm saying this because of what seemed to happen with the Opentrack event. I think the organiser made some mistakes there, but equally it seemed like there were groups of people who wanted to try and race one another. Chris at CD is a friend, so I don't want to look like a muppet by asking for a discount and then cause him problems, so we'll have a zero tolerance policy on the day for any of that behaviour

jd -jd likes this.
  37. Great that's brilliant Neil - for clarity, my 2 friends are quite civilised and older (ie safer) drivers who know that racing is not allowed on TDs.

38. Oh for sure, I wasn't trying to suggest otherwise, I'm sorry if it came across like that, but I think the events of last weekend have a few people wondering about attending events where there is a group turning up

At the end of the day it's about having fun and enjoying the cars. I've seen a lot of cars on here I'd like to view in person and meet owners etc so hopefully it'll be a good opportunity to do that!

nickfrog likes this.
  39. No worries Neil, I totally agree with your approach of managing people's expectations early ! As a driver this for my benefit too, being able to avoid the "track undesirables" :grinning:
    Looking forward to putting faces on names too !

40. I'd get in on this!