Megane Rs250Cup Barn Find!

Discussion in 'Megane Projects' started by darkmike, Jul 7, 2019.

1. Hi New to the forum ,currently trying to buy off the owner, which was his dads,dad has sadly passed away. The car has never been motd its done 24k. Hes been looking around on ebay and come up with a figure at around £8k.
    The car has the 19" wheels the cup kit and the recaro front seats.its never been washed and looks flat, it fires up fine although the service light is on, tyres are well passed it as are the disks and pads. nothing is seized as ive seen it move on the drive.

Need your help on here, is it worth it. as i know it needs 4 tyres all brakes and for peace of mind full major service.

any help shout away.

Admin: Move if in wrong group. Thanks

2. Hi, they are selling for 8k in mint condition, it the tyres are old and need replacing and it needs service and belts ect, would not pay more than 7k

3. Even with the little mileage? thanks

4. Paying 8k for it and spending well over 1k on it won't make it worth 9k+

5. matt e

matt e South East RSM Area Rep

what colour is is it?

6. red

7. Bunch foto’s wouldn’t hurt

8. Not worth it with that mileage at that price in that condition.

9. Probably worth 9-10ish if someone wanted low mileage, but if it needs full service including belts and plugs £600, set of tyres £400, set of pads and discs £500, assuming other rubber componests are ok then looking at £7k ish.

10. £400 for a set of 19 tyres? If premium brand I want to know where. Double that more like.

Mikeyjp likes this.
  11. i know this person very well. he has no idea on cars to be honest thats why hes looking on ebay for a rough price, he will soon change his mind when he starts looking round for parts and sending it to a garage and expecting top dollar.

I only wanted your opinion on the car itself sitting for around 5 years but with such low mileage. im putting an offer in of £6.5k and i will trailer it away sold as seen no questions asked.

I can do all the work myself. the tyres will be kuhmo ps91s just to get it on the road. im not blowing £800 on some new continentals or pilot 4s, as for all i know it could be a massive risk and money pit due to the sitting part.

i just wanted opinions on if its worth getting. Personally only buying it as its nice to see a car be refreshed again after seeing it in such a state.

it will be used for 12 months all been good and sold on again,unless i fall in love with it.

Cheers Folks

12. If been sitting for that long then aircon pipe joints could be dry and leaking, that won’t be cheap fix

13. i would check all engine and gearbox seals, oil is not good for rubber component and they tend to dry overtime when not in use to keep them supple.

I would not be surprised if you have a major project with an engine refurb on your hand.
    A car gets more wear on non metallic parts than when in use, all coolant pipe need to be checked for cracks and so on.

It will not be just a matter of new tyres and then away you go. all the belt will need changing, electric connection are to be check as we know Renault is not the best connectors in the world and damp might got into them.

Best of luck and looking forward to see progress.