250 Megane RS250 -> remap to 275 Trophy?

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by DusanMRS, Feb 20, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Hello,

my Megane RS250 2010 with Bluefin stage1, sometimes has trouble with missfires in 5,500rpm, he is banging, poping and without power. Not always, but sometimes.

I think, problem is in Bluefin map and I think about remapped to 275 Trophy software.

I called to Renault and they say me, its possible, BUT there is probability to break down my ECU!!!! :-O

Have someone with this experience?

Thank you very much.

Greet from Slovakia :smile:

2. I had this issue with my bluefin at the same rpm. The car was hitting boost cut and throwing a spanner light which put it into a soft limp mode.

You might be hitting the cold limiter though, the engine just burbles popping and banging until you lay off the throttle. Could be the thermostat if the engine should have already been warm when it happened. A common fault with the 250.

3. Thanks, i should change thermostat too?
    My coolant temp on dashboard is not in the middle normally.

4. Check mate

Attached Files:

5. Would still bin the bluefin, crap things

6. Mine sits slightly to the left also, heats up fine and drives like a dream

7. Yep new thermostat, that’s what mine was like. Change the thermostat you will be able to rev to the 6500 limiter fine after

8. If it’s like the pic above, it’s likely it’s sticking. Mine would get warm fine but not get up to temp so it felt groggy and didn’t rev all the way to 6500. Can you hit the normal rev limiter?

If you have the ability to plug in a reader for water temp from memory mine (when sticking) was between 70-75ish degrees and when I had the new thermostat a constant 84deg. Drove much smoother too.

9. Yes I can hit the limiter, for what they cost I'll change it

10. Mine was the same. Hit the limiter around 6000rpm rather then 6500 and just generally didn’t feel right.
    New thermostat sorted it.

11. But like i said previously, that bluefin wont help, they tend to make the car run crap. It that that’s probably making it misfire.

12. Hi, remap to 275 Trophy is not possible, but you can buy new ECU from trophy and attach them to your immo with authorized dealer. I did it with my megane 250. Everything works well, only the gas pedal is too sharp.

13. Guaranteed its the "Bluefin" shite! Get rid of it ASAP, get it custom mapped by a professional rather than relying on some generic CRAP that some dick head thinks is suitable! SIMPLES!!!!! [emoji16]

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

ianplymouth likes this.
  14. How are people sucked into this Bluefin shit?! Surely it's obvious that a custom mapping session on a dyno is better than uploading a whole piece of shit file onto your ECU that "supposedly" makes your car "faster, more powerful and more pussy attractive!". Jesus, wake up! Smell the coffee, smell the octane level, and if you're seriously lucky enough.... Smell the napalm in the morning! Fuck!!!!!....... Get the fucking thing done properly with the right bloody modifications!!!! Spend the money, do it right!!!!!! I challenge anyone to say different!!!???? [emoji15]

15. BOOM!!! [emoji322][emoji90]

16. ianplymouth

ianplymouth RSM Club Member

Rant over ????? :laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

Si271 likes this.
  17. [emoji848]Yep!

18. Good point tho, huh?! [emoji16]

19. ianplymouth

ianplymouth RSM Club Member

I have never had one of those plug in map things, just need to get a map done on the rollers so there are no anomalies to fuck things up :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Si271 likes this.
  20. Superchips have gone bump anyway.