Megane RS250 Lowering Springs Choices

Discussion in 'Suspension, Brakes, Wheels & Tyres section' started by Matthew mee, Jan 7, 2023.

1. Wondering if anyone could help with a bit of advice. I currently have a mk3 rs250 cup and have the cup shocks with H&R Springs fitted but finding the ride far to harsh for the roads in my local area.

It very very bumpy and most passengers have all commented on how hard the ride is. (I do live in a rural type area)

I am tempted to change to either Gram or cooksport spings and even take it one step further by going back to standard shocks? Has anyone ever done this? I love the look of the lowering but not the ride.

Also I don't track the car only really the odd spirited drive and have updated / upgarded every other suspension part on the car.

2. Hmmm id be surprised if different springs make a huge difference, also swapping out the shocks for standards..... you may aswell buy a megane 1.5 diesel estate.

A couple of questions, how many miles have the cup shocks done and what wheels are you running?

Shocks could need replacing if they have done some miles, this could help. Also if your on the 19" steevs then swapping to the 18" cups will also help being that you will have a fatter tyre.

Some coilovers might actually also improve the compliancy, not sure on which ones but ive heard people say the swap to coilovers made the ride better.

3. Well the idea was to swap the cup RS shocks for standard RS shocks, just slightly less stiff. I actually had 19 inch alloys with 235/40/19 continental tyres but swapped back to standard wheels with 235/40/18 Michelin tyres and yes it made a slight difference but nothing really noticeable

Shocks are on 100k so defiantly due a change now.

4. I would have the shocks changed, i actually will have a full set of cup shocks and gram springs available within the next few weeks, done less than 5k miles so message me if your interested. Ive got coilovers being fitted this month.

Matthew mee likes this.
  5. 可以設置一個anti roll bar link