250 Megane rs250 clutches master cylinder

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by odinson, Aug 6, 2015.

1. Morning all

after collecting my new toy gtx2867 rs250 it decided I no longer wanted fluid in the clutch master cylinder so after being dropped off at my mates garage about 11.30pm lasted night when I should have been home about 6 you can imagine the pleasant mood I'm currently in.

i was made a little happier finding out it was the slave which is in the box but I've heard that replacing the master cylinder and bleeding it is a real pain?

any tip? All I seem to find is info briefly on the r26

thanks in advance

matt

2. They are a pain to bleed best option is vacuum bleeding.

3. I've read they are better to fill the slave 1st?

4. Alright Matt. That's a bugger

So it leaked from the slave?. Master OK?

5. IMO it's a dumb design by renault, placing the slave cylinder outside the box like most other manafactures was not a hard thing to do, removing the box to change the slave cylinder, I mean why would they do that and the use of plastic parts is beyond me

6. Good news is it's the master cylinder and I have a new one on the way so hopefully all goes well then I plan on a massive tidy up on her and go from there

7. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Get a thread up please mate! Interested to see if it's changed spec wise since it was sold by the original owner

8. I will do mate once cars out the garage. Needs a few niggles done for me to be happy with it 100% then I can go from there

9. Sorry to bump an old thread but is this master cylinder for the meg 250?

10. Tbh bud it ended up being a clip on the hose that came off nothing more

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk