Megane RS225 - Probelm on cold start

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by Pug205, Jul 21, 2015.

1. First and foremost I am new here, while always a fan it is only in recent weeks I have purchased a Megane RS225, year 2006.

This car was imported from the UK about eighteen months ago.

I have searched and searched online and hate joining new forums looking for information without giving any responses but I have failed to find my problem and I am reaching breaking point with the car.

When purchased (as expected) the car drover perfectly.

Then I left it for two weeks as was working away from home and on first start on my return it ran very rough, I proceeded to try and drive it and the car entered limp mode - I removed all faults with a snapon device and the car later ran with no issues.

I returned home a week later again and this time it ran rough again and on start up the accelerator stopped responding after a few seconds, therefore no throttle response and ran quite rough at higher than normal acceleration constantly on. The engine light also came on and a mechanics spanner light.

When the car warmed up I stopped it and started it again, all dashlights went out and it ran without issues.

Again last weekend it did similar but this time I left it when it started without driving or accelerating and it ran fine when warmed up with full power.

Anyone have any ideas before I start changing stuff this weekend?

Kind regards,
    Kevin

2. Are you getting any fault codes? and what are they?

3. Df079 motorized throttle valve automatic control

Df095 throttle potentiometer circuit track one

Got these two fault codes that first time but now it clears te engine mangement light itself once it is stopped snd restarted when anyway hot and runs perfect once warmed up

4. Ive fit a new throttle body to an r26 for a similar fault. Seemed to sort it.

5. Interesting.
    i have the same issues - fine though if left to warm up for a minute before driving off.
    And totally fine when warm, or if started within like 10 hours.

i had those same 'old' fault codes stored.
    I've cleared them too, but not really driven then car since and experienced the issue, so haven't re-read codes again yet.

Tell me - does it hesitate or hold back between 2 and 3000 rpm? Kinda of a stutter? And if you try to drive through it, or put your foot down that is when it goes into limo home mode?

6. Could need throttle housing cleaning and possible throttle pedal fault

7. The car does not run in anyway proper until warm, and if i put the foot down yes it enters limp mode.

I know what the codes read but why would engine temperature effect a fly by wire accelerator cable?

Also why would same effect a throttle body?

Could it be down to bad fuel or an engine temperature control valve?

8. CTS could be causing the cold issue and make it over fuel like a twat