Megane RS & prestige?

Discussion in 'Megane Discussion' started by dinn, May 22, 2014.

1. Does it come together?

Is RS prestige car?

2. Background of my question is maybe silly, but I called one of the detailing company in Slough. I was curious what is the price of detailing Megane. Man I spoke with said they don't provide service for Renault Megane, as they only do prestige cars.

I don't think RS is less prestigious than A3 2.0 TDI for example, which they do :-)

3. Lol what a snob. I'd take my money elsewhere.

4. I would buy any Renault before a BMW or VW

5. Or Audi

6. The word "prestige" has been ruined by cocks in dull A4 TDIs and BMW 320ds.
    No it's not prestige, but it is a lot of fun.

7. Ring the twat back and say you wanted to see if they were any good on your wife's car before you dropped your 911 turbo off, then tell him to fook off , people like that piss me off, I went into merc to buy my mrs a car for her birthday , I was in my work gear, I'm a roofer so looked scruffy, anyway they just dropped the hint that the car was 24k whilst looking down at me so I said you can't make a poor man look rich but you can make a rich man look poor now fook off, went to BMW and bought her a brand new one from them.

8. From the sounds of it the blokes a nonce i wouldn't give him any money after that! You should put their details/ number up so people can inundate them with annoying calls! (Childish i know but fun all the same!)

9. Totally agree!!

10. I didn't intend to go there either, as I have got other spending coming soon. Just wanted to know how much does it cost.

11. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Lol really? Its a cheap mass produced french hatch, Nothing prestige about it.

Any Audi/BMW is more prestigious, Purely due to the badge on the front.

12. Renault are now more reliable than VW or BMW and are as high quality, better looking and Renault are generally not driven by cocky dicks!!!

13. Maybe but come on, an A3 TDI prestigious? They're common as muck company cars or cheap leases.

14. Id have shown him the bank balance on mobile banking and said rhats how much i wont be spending in here . I could understand a young lad being told he couldn't afford it

15. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Let me guess, you own a Renault?

16. Yes I do but my Granda has a 2007 3 series and my parents had a VW passat before the Megane and the Megane is a lot more reliable than both!

17. I wouldn't say a 320d had any prestige about it at all

18. I feel all prestigious in my black audi a4 sline special edition 11 plate on rs4 19's. Fuck you silly little megane peasants

19. I don't think age is relevant either .... with out sounding like a cock (like the detailer) but I'm 21 and have a very well paid job and would bet I earn a fair amount more than he does yet I wouldn't turn my nose up at anyone

20. Appalling service. Leave him to correct the rock hard german paintwork and lacquer full of orange peel as well as the shocking finishes you often get with low volume super cars.

Id offer my services but im miles away mate.

Dave

21. I suppose your right but maybee your a lucky one i doubt many 18 19 20 year olds go round 25k cars

22. True that .... but if they're paying customers it shouldn't make a difference. He should be willing to detail a 1999 corsa as long as the customer is going to pay. He sounds like a jumped up knob tbh

23. RS prestige, no it's a Renault. BMW, Mercedes is what I think of for prestige, but tbh it's just how cars are listed in magazines for sale. The RS would fall under the hot hatch section.

You've got to remember with the RS, it's the hottest version of a simple megane. Where as for mercedes you have the C63 AMG and BMW have the M3, puts things into perspective a bit. A 320d might not be great but it's certainly far better than a 1.5 dci Megane!

Last edited: May 22, 2014
  24. I agree with that as long a s people pay the money whats the problem

25. Id say the RS brand isn't prestige, it is highly regarded in terms of its performance and even tho it can set you back nearly £30k people don't tend to think you're well off from driving one. Maybe the rest of the standard renault range lets the RS side down.

26. wash it yourself? :smile:

27. See its weird though my mate has a Dakar yellow E92 m3 and my r26 gets more looks when were out driving, german cars are so common

28. True out of all the fancy German company cars I've had. My R26 has turned heads of all different types of people and ages. From kids, oaps, young couples to lads giving me a thumbs up on the street. I'd take that over some prestige claim from a motor companys CEO or their sponsored car mags any day.

29. :smiley:

30. Maybe its just me, but prestige cars from £199/month on a lease or some sort don't seem that prestigious... ? The definition of prestige is to reflect wealth, rank, success etc. You really don't need to be any of them to lease a 'prestige' car these days...

31. And yes I'd agree, especially when I actually wash the RS250, it properly turns heads. Rarity I guess might be a factor here.