Megane rs dyno result

Discussion in 'Megane Discussion' started by keestar1994, May 23, 2021.

1. Hi guys so I’ve owned my megane rs 250 cup for over 2 months now, previous owner said it had a hybrid turbo from ktec and was running 330bhp it didn’t come with a printout or a invoice for the turbo said he lost the paperwork I took his word for it as I had all the other invoices from ktec , tried to contact ktec about the working being done to my car they wouldn’t release any information to me, so I decided to get it put on the dyno. Unfortunately it didn’t make 330bhp only made 312 with 337 ft lbs from them figures I think it’s the stock turbo, What’s the best way to check if it does have hybrid turbo? I know it’s not all about numbers I’m just happy it seems run right 3276857f942a67755f4c596fd0ea53b0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. I would say stock turbo, as power and torque are not what you would expect from a hybrid

3. does look standard turbo, a hybrid would tend hold flatter torque line upto around 4500rpm before dropping off

4. E-A

E-A

Have you checked acceleration?
    I can´t say if you have the stock turbo or not but I think the power usually drops beyond 5500 rpm using stock turbo.
    You gain power up to 6000 rpm which is not common I think. Maybe hybrid turbo is fitted but something else is wrong?
    I have stock turbo and 3" exhaust all the way + intercooler. Power still drops after 5500 rpm.

Attached Files:

5. Acceleration seems ok , would be nice to see what boost it’s running at , if I had a boost leak would I see it on the dyno graph?

6. Yes you would keestar

keestar1994 likes this.
  7. Does the car have an RS monitor

8. Yes mate

9. You should be able to work out 0-60 and quarter mile times from the monitor, so you can compare against other cars to see if it is what you expect. :smile:

10. E-A

E-A

I suppose you use 98 octane or better?

11. Yes 99 Ron

12. E-A

E-A

If I were in your shoes I would check actual performance.
    On a flat road with absolutely no wind and outside temp 24°C my car does 62-124 mph in 14,3 s measured with Dragy GPS.
    I think your car should do it in under 14 s and if it does, I´m not sure if there is a problem.

Mish View and keestar1994 like this.
  13. What power is yours running ?

14. E-A

E-A

Maybe just me but I can only hear one shift?
    Seems like your gear shift 3rd to 4th was better than mine. Up to this point we are even. After 3rd to 4th you are constantly 5 km/h ahead of me up to 200 km/h.
    With that in mind, a hybrid one running 330 hp should do it in 12.XX during similar circumstances, at least in my mind.

15. Yes I started from 4th

16. Hybrid should do mid 11s to high 10s at least!

17. E-A

E-A

Do you get better performance 100-200 km/h (62-124 mph) when you start from 4th gear? That would really surprise me!

18. Yeah changing gears is slow! This is the fastest scenario in manual cars

19. E-A

E-A

Well, I have to try a 4th gear run now, that´s for sure :smile:
    Back to topic!