250 megane rs 3 manual gearbox problem

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by manel gomez, Mar 14, 2023.

1. Hello Good afternoon:wink:, first of all say hello and thank you for being able to participate in this forum. Secondly, comment that I am the owner of a megane rs 3, and recently I have had problems with the gearbox, basically from 100km/h fifth gear does not engage, the lever remains in the fifth gear position but does not engage. Below 100km/h everything is normal.... (gearbox PK4018
    It is a car that I do not mistreat, I take great care of it, it has 120,000 km and I am desperate:tired:, I don't know if removing the battery I can see something to solve

Attached Files:

2. ianplymouth

ianplymouth RSM Club Member

Hi and welcome.
    I think you will find that the bulk ring is worn, its sort of a common problem, mine did it in 4th gear, but my car was used a lot on track.
    In the end i couldn't get 4th at all, then 3rd started getting hard to engage, so pulled the box, stripped it and replaced the whole cluster.

3. Okei gracias , voi a hacer un cambio de aceite de la caja , sabes por casualidad que marca , densisdad y cuantos litros caben? Gracias

4. Hi Manel! This is an english forum so, please, write in english!:grinning::grinning:
    The gearbox oil must be a GL4 75W80. You´ll need about 2L. Honestly, I don´t think you solve the problem with an oil change. Maybe I´m wrong. Luck!!

ianplymouth likes this.