265 Megane RS 265 versions - mechanical differences

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by CRS, Apr 20, 2020.

1. CRS

CRS

Hello,

First of all, I want to apologize if this topic was already discussed. I tried searching for it and looking on the already opened topics but couldn't find what I was looking for.

Basically I am looking to buy a Megane RS MY starting with 2014 but I've encountered some issues trying to figure out what are the differences between RS 265, RS 275 Trophy and RS 275 Trophy R (except the obvious difference in HP).

My main question is: all of them have the LSD? And also, what are other mechanical differences between these 3 versions? As far as I know for sure, the Trophy R has no AC and is also lightened in various other ways (I'm not interested in that) with main purpose being to go on a race track, but the other versions I have no idea what are the differences.

Also I've seen that there are two chassis versions, CUP and Sport but couldn't find the differences.

Can you please help out a future Megane RS owner?

Thank you!

2. RS265-275, 10ps difference, mechanically the same, sport- silver calipers, silver wheels, softer suspension, no lsd, leather interior as standard/climate mod cons etc, cup- red calipers, black wheels, touch lower, stiffer suspension, lsd, cloth interior, 3 knob bob heaters, basic car, sport/cup packed, basically sport with cup suspension, red calipers black wheels and lsd. Trophy just a limited edition of sport/cup packed with options stuff as standard. Above doesnt include optional extra like 19” wheels and recaros etc, expect the trophy as they have recaros as standard (different pattern to optional recaros)

3. When I was looking for a car I thought the only differences were Sport or Cup and this is basically true when it comes to mechanical side of things. I was only interested in the Cup. I found the cars can differ quite a lot when it comes to optional extras though.

4. CRS

CRS

Basically I am looking to get one that has the following as options:
    - automated AC
    - R-Link with RS Monitor
    - BOSE sound system (I can skip this one)
    - 18" rims (if if comes with 19" I can change them anyway)
    - LSD (mandatory if I stick to an RS)

@ryan197 from what I understood from you, the following car is a real Trophy as I can see the red calipers?
    https://www.autoscout24.ro/oferte/r...-9617-311bdd889757?cldtidx=3&cldtsrc=listPage

The title of this one is a bit confusing and I'm not quite sure what version is it. Can someone shed some light on it?
    https://www.mobile.de/ro/Automobil/...ar!smallcar!othercar/pg:vipcar/297235693.html

*Note: I have no connection to these cars, I don't intend to advertise it, I'm just trying to get my facts straight so I'll know what to look for exactly.

5. That first one isnt a trophy, its got standard leather seats, and a black front bumper blade, trophys are silver with the “trophy” decal/sticker on it.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/174175735366

thats a trophy.

The second is a cup, as it has the red calipers etc and cloth interior.

Well you could go for either cup or cup packed cars, as im pretty sure climate control or automated ac was an option on cup cars, aswel as leather seat options aswel, it is mind field tbf.

6. CRS

CRS

Thank you! I understand now. So the lowest version which has LSD is a CUP or CUP packed. This what I should look for.
    I've re-arranged your list a bit maybe someone else will look for the same info.

RS265-275, 10ps difference, mechanically the same.

sport- silver calipers, silver wheels, softer suspension, no lsd, leather interior as standard/climate mod cons etc.;

cup- red calipers, black wheels, touch lower, stiffer suspension, lsd, cloth interior, 3 knob bob heaters, basic car;

sport/cup packed- basically sport with cup suspension, red calipers black wheels and lsd;

Trophy just a limited edition of sport/cup packed with options stuff as standard.

Above doesnt include optional extra like 19” wheels and recaros etc, expect the trophy as they have recaros as standard (different pattern to optional recaros).

7. E-A

E-A

I have BOSE in mine. Maybe it´s an okay system if your expectations is low. The car audio shop I used think it´s easier to upgrade standard system then the BOSE system because of sound processors.

8. The cup model is a basic model, but has the better suspension/lsd as standard.

but you can buy a sport and option the cup pack, so youve got the better bits over the cup, but also have the cup suspension etc.